Trailer Trash

Thursday (Read 9 times)

runtraildc

Alarm went off, hit snooze, did the wordle, checked the weather than another weather app, and then slowly sto the procrastination. Chowder and I got in a slow 4 miles but it felt better than it has for a while. Put me on the hobby dog wogger list..

qotd- favorite part of spring? Mine is my garden- once it is cleaned up and mulched. I should be able to plant my tomatoes this weekend. And onions. I planted garlic last fall and it’s looking good!  Still have  a lot of work to do on my community plot as I’m helping an older plot neighbor with her space

4 EZ predawn miles, although I got out late so had to move fast in getting ready to get to work on time.

QOTD: Planting flowers and watching my yard coming back to life.  I was going to buy plants this weekend, but it's supposed to rain.  I guess I can buy them and let them sit until next weekend.  I need some kind of used table - like a crappy card table - that I can use as a potting table.  I and my back are tired of crawling around on the ground to pot my plants, and I know my hamstring won't appreciate it this year.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Sandy-2

Ran 10 mi to the gym, then did some stretching and hot/cool dunks. Drove home w/ DW.  I noticed that the next town over (Atascocita) are extending the bike/hike path so once that’s done my route to the gym will have a little less on the back roads (I only have about 3/4 of a mile on the roads on the 10 trip as it is now).

qotd: Around here the best thing is Spring results in more leaves which in-turn gives us more shade. 

tbd.

8 miles yesterday, 6 after work today.  Did some trails in a local park that was closed in the winter due to trees falling and erosion.  Seems to have stabilized now.

QOTD: Hills are green!  Once the rainy season is done, which is basically now, they'll start turning golden brown.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR