Trailer Trash

TGIThursdaily (Read 11 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!

This is my Friday Smile  Hit the trails yesterday with Tiny Elvis- 4 miles (800’ )with a 55 lb pack. I put the sand bags away until next year. 

DW is taking TE hiking today, so I’ll probably hit the gym after work

heading for the mountains tomorrow, going to hike in (and up), have a bare bones bivy camp and hope to spot a bull elk the next morning. Rarely works out that way, but fun nonetheless 

qotd: commute to work?  to the grocery store?  to the trails?  All of mine are pretty short- about 10 minutes to work; 5-10-ish to the grocery store depending on the store; 5- 15 minutes depending on the trail. Pretty handy Smile

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

45 min of core/ST after work yesterday, which definitely had an impact on my legs for this morning's very non-stellar 6.30 mile predawn run.  It's really windy here today, and as hard as I tried to not run into the wind, there were times I had no choice - and boy howdy!

Sandy - How's the rescued dog??

QOTD: Work - 15 min.  Grocery - 5 min.  Trailheads - Depends.  The closest to my house, Headwaters Preserve, is 15 min, the one I like best (Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park) is an hour, Arcata Community Forest is 20+ min.  I know there are a lot more trails in our area, but most are a pretty good drive away (an hour+), I'm not good at exploring on my own and The Hub doesn't really encourage it unless I can find someone to go with me.  Dolason Prairie Trail is one I've run only once but am eager to go back and explore more.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Sandy-2

Today was the last morning of 5am meetings (for this week anyway) - yay!!!

I'll run 5 or 6 after work today, maybe a bike ride too.

mt - good luck on the elk.

fatozzig - My friend is keeping her since she doesn't have a chip (they may put up some 'found dog' flyers, not sure they are so motivated on that though). They took her to the vet who said she's about 2 years old and she needed to be treated for two different kinds or worms. But other than that she is doing great, she is already bffs with their other dog and cat.

qotd:

• Work: about 10 steps to the spare bedroom where I have my desk/computer set up (in 'normal times' it's a 30 minute drive).
        • Grocery store: a little less than 0.5 mi.
        • Trails: greenbelt trail (paved) is about 7 or 8 houses down the street.  But then if I run a mile on the greenbelt to the dirt path along the drainage ditch and then another 2 miles on the dirt path I get to the park which has more dirt paths (i.e. the park trails are about a 3 mile run from my house).  But for better trails it's either a 30 min drive in one direction or 60 minutes in the other.

tbd.

dhuffman63

Trails

qotd: Work is 40 min drive unless I'm working from home; Walmart in Vinita is 25 min, Walmart in Miami is 35 min (only grocery around); Joplin is an hour, Tulsa is 2 hours.  Marked trails are at least an hour or more away, unless you count the gravel roads around me and then those are just out the door and go for miles.

LB2

I ran 4 this morning. I had an event I attended this morning. I really didn't need to attend, but I did. Back in the office now.

QOTD: As soon as I wake up, I am at work. In some ways, that is good. In some ways, that is bad. But the good far outweighs the bad. Before our current situation, I was driving between 15 and 20 minutes to work. Grocery store is about 10 minutes away. Trails are gravel roads, four wheeler trails, or single track I created on state rights-of-way that are right outside my door. My day-to-day is not very big, which I like.

LB2

Easy 4.4 miles joggity jog today, 5 yesterday. Coasting along for a month or two while I decide what the next big goal will be. 

QOTD: 1 hr to 1:15 if I go into the office in SF, which I haven’t done since March last year. Was doing that twice a week before. Currently, I commute to the spare bedroom downstairs.  Local market is a quarter mile away, bigger grocery store is a 10 minute drive. Trails are about half mile away, same for the ocean.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

QOTD:  About 4 ft to "work" if you count my internet activity as work.  Bedroom doubles as office space.  8 minutes to grocery store and other shopping. 25-30 minutes to trails, though I'm not supposed to run them anymore.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.