Trailer Trash

Merry Monday (Read 9 times)

runtraildc

good morning trailers. weekend of pretty spectacular fall weather here, including some light (and much needed ) rain. Saturday was 4.5 with the coffee group. I felt tired and sluggish. Came home and pretty much lounged the rest of the day, two naps included. Slept like a log that night and got in 7 miles hiking Sunday with Chowder on new-to-me trails along the C&O. Crossed into the Stone Mill course for a bit. Nice hills, nice foliage and very quiet.

qotd-- Have you explored any new areas or trails lately? See above for me. This was outside of town and north of the usually busy Great Falls area so it is much quieter. Will definitely get back soon. And for the future, we're planning a weekend trip to Asheville NC in a couple of weeks. Need to research my trail options down there. Looking forward to something new.

Sandy-2

I got up and did yesterday’s 10 miles today. Yesterday it was about 76° in the morning and today it was 46° although it was drizzling it was still a no-brainer that today was better. The run felt great!!!

qotd: not really, but when I ran some of the Mogollon Monster last month I was in an area I had never been before )I guess it may count, but it was on a marked course so I wasn’t doing the “exploring&rdquoWink

By the way runtrail, I went hiking with my DS near Asheville. We drove about an hour to the top of Mt. Mitchell and then hiked north along the Deep Gap Trail (we did an out-n-bask) that goes along the ridges.  Views of the Smoky Mtns were really great.

tbd.

40 min of core/ST for me this a.m.  Turned my little heater on my shed for the first time this year.  *sigh*

My buddy, Teonna, ran Javelina Jundred this weekend and completed her first 100 miler.  She volunteers at the river crossing at WS and has been eyeing the volunteer ticket for a couple of years.  And since in all the years I volunteered there only 1 other person ever used it, she should get it.  My other buddy, Karen, who was crewing her talked to Chris Thornley of Squirrel's Nut Butter who was at JJ and is also in charge of river crossing safety and told him Teonna was gunning for the ticket, so hopefully no politics screw things up.  You may recall that politics got both me and Karen kicked out of the river crossing crew.  I don't think the powers that be ever connected the fact that Teonna is our friend.

Anyway, she also won Best Ass Award with this :

May be an image of 1 person

QOTD: I haven't explored any new trails lately, but during this off season, I want to hit some unexplored trails at Prairie Creek.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Sandy-2

Anyway, she also won Best Ass Award with this :

Dang...  I hope that's not a tattoo!!! 

tbd.

Sandy-2

Hi Gatsby:  the qotd above reminded me that I was going to post some info on where to run in Tokyo.  Here are a couple of links, let me know if you have any questions.

This is a trail run on the western outskirts of Tokyo:

https://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/24391980

This is a route in central Tokyo, I used to stay in the New Otani hotel (s/f of this route) a lot. The first and last part of this plot includes a shorter run I did a lot.  It went to the Imperial Palace, then I'd do a loop and then run back (I think it was 5 miles).  Running around the Palace, which I think is about 5k)  is a very popular run.

https://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/235510367

Here's one in Kyoto (I couldn't remember if you mentioned if you were going there).

https://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/1184624

Also, I don't have a plot, but it's nice to run along the Philosopher's trail but you'd have to do that early in the morning before it gets crowded.

Actually, it's a good idea when in any part of Asia, it's good to get out early before it gets too crowded.

tbd.

Dang...  I hope that's not a tattoo!!! 

Ha!  No!  Just a paint job. 

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Sandy, thanks for sharing your Tokyo and Kyoto running routes!  We’ll be in both places, but I’ll need to see exactly where we’re staying. 

SRD. Still feeling that HM from Saturday so I’m glad to have a day off. 

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR