Trailer Trash

Wednesdaily (Read 16 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

was going to say hump day, but that really only applies to the working 

we only go to 2 degrees above 0 yesterday and with the wind it was well below 0, so hit the gym and the dreadmill for 4 miles alternating back and forth between 1 and 15 degrees; interestingly used a online calculator that should nearly 5000' of gain and it felt like it 

we aren't even going to crack 0 today and the wind is worse (right now -9F w/ a windchill of -27! ), so will hit the gym to strength train and get a few more miles in on the dreadmill.  Tiny Elvis gets really antsy when he doesn't get to go on the trails, he's going to be a bear today!

qotd: Sci Fi movies?  It's not my top genre, but there are quite a few I do like.  Rewatched the original Blade Runner the evening before last- excellent movie!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

also chatted (texted) with both Tim (AT Runner) and Al (Northern Harrier).

Tim is going back to Hopkins for some more testing/treatment, he's hoping it's a short stay.  Wanted to say hello to everyone 

Al is with his DW moving from camp area to camp area on the Florida coast; he said it's been pretty tough sitting on the beach watching the sunrises and sunsets, but figured someone had to do it 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

A really nice 4 mile run this morning in a sweltering 48*F. To me, that is the perfect temperature for running, but I don't mind it being much colder. I love the cold.

QOTD: Not much on Sci-Fi. However, I was a big fan of Star Wars when I was a kid, and I also liked that original Battlestar Gallactica show.

LB2

Thanks for the update on Tim and Al.

I slept in.  Will do my core/ST after work.

QOTD: Close Encounters of the Third Kind, the original Star Wars movies, Martian, Arrival.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Sandy-2

Going to run after work again today, I'll do 6 mi. Sorry mt, with the "wind chill" here it's going to be 73 deg this afternoon.

qotd: Yeah, Blade Runner was on my list a few days ago and I like similar future inhalation/survival type of syfi. I'm not into future zombie mutant stuff or Alien-type stuff though, that's too scary   .

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran with Jack about 3  and should have took him home and gone out for another 3 but that is so had to do....next week...I will start next week.   But us was a nice 8 inches of fresh snow run.  

qotd mon:  Need to decide my fitness goals.  Do I go long or do I stay short and incorporate more backpacking?  I am going to play pickleball for the first time Monday. 

qotd tues:  I am trying to push myself in a upward swing but keep dragging my feet.  So let's say I am not on a swing but on a teeter totter with someone who weighs the same.  

Qotd Weds: don't care for sci fi.  If fact was reading book I totally enjoyed until the end when he turned into a monster (wtf),

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Warden, thanks for the updates on our missing compadres.  I hope all goes well for AT, he's has a long haul and deserves something better.  As for Harrier, well, we appreciate his sacrifice while tootling around in the Taj Mahal.  

Sandy, stay strong with that "wind chill". Maybe bring an extra layer.  

Queen, sorry your teeter totter has stalled.  Did you buy yourself something nice?  Pretty sure we all agreed that you should, not too long ago.

QOTD: Not big on sci-fi movies. Used to enjoy reading sci-fi, but I think I'm not smart enough any more.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Gradually extending running time and limiting walking.  5 miles total.

QOTD: Favorite sci-fi movies: original Day the Earth Stood Still, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, but not generally a fan as they usually deviate much too far from the book.  Sci-fi and fantasy is my favorite reading genre.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.