Trailer Trash

Have a holly jolly Fridaily (Read 12 times)

9 days till Christmas. Guess I’d better do some shopping. Just neices and nephews. DH and I only exchange one gift. He’s getting a bottle of gin   It’s from a local distiller and won some awards. Shop local!  And a win for me too!

5 miles yesterday, maybe a few today.  Hoping to log off early and get some non-work stuff done. 

QOTD: If you celebrate, and if you do gifts, how’s your Christmas shopping going?

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

NorthernHarrier

So finally the little grandson made his entrance about 1 in the morning so I'll be heading towards Virginia pulling the camper and won't be back here until the beginning of March. Have to start working on my checklist for all I have to do, 1st world problems...

Spent some time this morning with the snowblower and shovel clearing paths down at my landing, digging out the camper, the deck, etc. Not that it really matters too much now.  Now an instant weight workout and then out for 5-6 miles.

Gatsby--nice gift. Getting a bottle of your favorite beverage, or a high quality one that you may never buy yourself is excellant.

QOTD--There has been no shopping by either DW or myself as our month has kinda been a mess. Maybe once I get to Va. we can go do a power shop of some sort.

LB2

5 miles this morning. I have 40 miles for the week. I need 45 to 50, which I should get close to tomorrow, maybe all of it.

QOTD: I have the money in my account; I just need to go get the gift cards because that is what we are doing this year. All the kids are done. So, I have my father in law, wife, and oldest daughter left.

LB2

Nothing for me this morning.  We had our first Christmas Bonkos (aka Bunko) in probably 20 years. The member's house we played at looked like Christmas had thrown up in it, but in a very tasteful, Martha Stewart kinda way that I'd never be able to duplicate, even if I wanted to.  It was a lot of fun, we ate too much, exchanged ornaments, and I didn't get home until after 10:30.  Needless to say, I was not in the mood to get up at 4:30 for a workout, so I'll get 'er done after work.

QOTD: No gift shopping or exchanging in our household.  We usually save up our $$ for a trip.  This year we spent $$$ on a trailer.  Maybe we'll go sit it on Christmas Day and cheer ourselves with a cup o' joe.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

runtraildc

Happy Friday folks. Ran out of time this morning and only got out for 2.5 miles. Why bother, you ask? We’ll, chowder was pestering me after being inside all day yesterday, and the sun was out and I knew the rest of my day was going to be less active. so, we got something done. 

NH- congratulations, grandpa!

gatsby- that’s the best kind of gift! I like tryomg new bottles too.

qotd- we’re pretty casual with the holiday. I did order DH a new pair of fishing boots ( he sent me a hint). Haven’t quite figured out the boys since we’re still considering a new year getaway as a gift to us all.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

NH- Congrats! 

4 miles yesterday hiking with the fam; we went x-country skiing this morning- 3 miles; left Tiny Elvis at home as the golf course sees a lot of skiers and don't want him run over (probably as likely as me running him over as anyone! )

qotd: DW does most of it- I think she has it done; I've got a couple of things ordered up for her- we'll see if they get here on time

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

SRD today. I needed it. I’ll do some core/back stuff later.

NH - Congrats!!!

qotd: we’re going low-key this year. We’re sending the kids a little cold cash. My DW also made a bunch of x-mas cookies that we sent them, but the great USPS lost our DS’ batch (insurance was included, but now I have to figure out how to claim it), so she had to make more, I sent them FedEx this time, hoping they get there.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Went downhill skiing today with friends...no run.  Ran 3.1 with Trail group, very small 6 of us with me the only women.  So he ran slow to keep us all together  a little too slow.  

qotd:  yes...I got a gift for three people....I was thinking of getting for 2 more kids but I think next time I am with them I'll just let them pick something out.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄