Trailer Trash

Wild Weekender... (Read 15 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Finally ran after being sick a week...3 miles. 

qotd:  Thinking about getting a treadmill...anyone use a treadmill and if so what kind and do you like it? 

Fatozzigg:  My friend was suppose to fly out of Humboldt Tuesday...but flight was canceled....she flew out the next day.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Another big valley inversion here, supposed to blow out of here in an hour or two (although if you climb 500'-ish you usually get out of it anyways)- will hit the trails here in the next couple of hours

qotd: I use a treadmill at the gym when it's below 0 (which has been more than usual this year!)- don't recall the make/model, but they've been in the gym for at least the 10 years (gym is open 24 hrs/7 days a week) I've lived here and all four are still going strong.  I would definitely consider getting a "commercial" grade treadmill just for the longevity aspect, possibly even a used one if they warrantied it.  The ones that at the gym go up to 15 degrees which is pretty nice if you're training with for stuff that has a lot climbing

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

6 miles this morning with the coffee group. I picked the route-- one we haven't done for a while and I forgot how hilly it was. Lots of steep inclines, and my legs will be feeling it later, I'm sure. It was good to get out. I've only run twice now this year. Chowder is still confined to short walks and I've noticed how much exercise I'm missing since he can't run with me or walk far.

qotd: I don't have a treadmill-- no space for one, but I've heard good things about Sole. Every so often I see a used one for sale and I'm tempted. I would like one and I think it would be good for an extra run or walk when it's hard to get out.  I used to use the TMs at the gym occasionally. I liked them since I could force myself to run a faster and steadier pace. Not usually more than 30 minutes, but it was a good workout.

LB2

I ran 3 hours this morning. I ended up with about 17 miles. 4 hours tomorrow. The run was super easy. I could have run all day. I believe I could finish this March race now. It wouldn't be pretty, but not many of them have been. It is just good to have the confidence that you can do it; I think that may be 75% of the whole thing, especially on an event where the terrain is virtually the same or less difficult than your normal running. This is almost exactly the same stuff as I run on every day, double track, single track, some gravel road, piney woods, rolling terrain or flat.

QOTD: The only time I have used a treadmill was getting ready for a mountainous race in 2014. I joined a gym in the town where we lived specifically for one of the treadmills they had. It was a Nordic Track. It had a 15% incline and went all the way down to a -3% decline. I ran a half marathon on that thing one day at -3%. It was pretty fast!!! LOL. But I would spend 2 days per week on it for 1.5 to 2 hours at 15% incline, just walking as fast as I could without running. I did some resistance training, too. I was determined to finish that run that destroyed me 2 years prior. It really paid off. It was by far the easiest long event I have ever done, and I attribute that to the treadmill work I did. It really transfers over much better than I thought it would for hills.

LB2

Sandy-2

Queen, hope you are over the worst of it, and that you’re feeling ‘normal’ soon.

I got up early and did 15 mi. A pretty good run apart from a bear attack the last 2 miles. Whew I made it back to the house.

qotd: yeah we have a treadmill, like most people we use it to hang clothes on.   We have a cheap one that’s alright I guess, a base model Pro-Form.

tbd.

Yesterday, I ran in the Arcata Community Forest for the first time in well over a year.  Good Lord!  There's nothing flat about The Forest.  I managed 7 out of the planned 8.  It would've been shorter, except I needed to get back to my car.   Trail 17 can kiss my you-know-what. We may become friends again later, but right now - 

Today's a rest day.  Getting some transcription done and then will do The Hub's invoices.

We're getting a bit of a break in the rain today.  Currently, 560,000 residences are without power in CA.  Queen - I'm not surprised your friend's flight was canceled.  The weather has been c-r-a-z-y.

QOTD: Don't own a treadmill, although every once in awhile I think about buying one - usually when it's pouring down rain and I have to get a run done - but realistically, I don't have space for one and I'd probably rarely ever use it.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Got 4 miles in yesterday, 3 in this morning.  Probably strength train this afternoon.

Packing up for a three day snowshoeing trip tomorrow in the Bob Marshall Wilderness.

Yesterday we were able to get above the inversion, today we didn't have one 

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Almost 4 with my friend and 3 mile walk with Jack.

warden: sure nice to see the sun!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

No run today.  Finished up a chore that I started yesterday, cleaned and then put a new coat of water repellent on the shower glass. Good cross training for the arms I guess….  “Wax on/Wax off Danial-son”.

Plan to run early tomorrow.

tbd.

dhuffman63

Trails

I have a ProForm, had it for going on 15 years.  I used it to train for 50k's and have done 20 plus miles on it.  Right now with my kidneys failing best I can do is 30 min every other day.  I'm surprised it still works.