Trailer Trash

Whatever Wednesday (Read 14 times)

LB2

7.5 this morning; saw one deer. It was slow and easy, a good bit of hiking. I am committed to the walking portions of running at least 3 times per week.

QOTD: Gadsby's race report inspired this question: What is the perfect running weather for you?

I like it cold. I think lows in the mid-30's and highs in the low to mid-50's is perfect for me. Despite living in the Deep South, I don't do particularly well in the heat.

LB2

XtremeTaper

No run yet today. I had the awesome run yesterday and it's raining now but very light and no wind so think I will do a short jog up at the local trail in a few. Probably just 4 miles.

QOTD: Depends on the distance. For ultras that went into the night (100's) I preferred 60-75 degrees. I do fine in those temps. Marathons or other long distances, 50 degrees is my favorite.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

4 miles last night with the brewery group. Good run, good people and good beer. Chowder stayed home (not by his choice).

qotd 40-50s. 60s are ok too.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Got 5 miles in yesterday with Tiny Elvis; I said if the windchill got to 0 or above we'd go- it got to 0 

Supposed to get up to the high 20's today (color me pessimistic), will hit the trails later for 4-5 miles.

qotd yesterday- just finished reading The Sister Brothers- not your typical western, very well written albeit a little violent (as the old West was often).  It was made into a movie too, the movie is good as well.

qotd:- 40's seem to be just about perfect for me on the move- not too warm, not too cold- Goldilocks nice 

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

I'm feeling pooped, so I decided to take an unscheduled rest day.

QOTD: High 50's to mid 60's.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Queen of Nothing

Sue

3.5 walk with Jack...frigging blowing so will run with the brew crew at 6:30 as wind should die down soon.  Tonight venue is a taco place. 

xt:  great job on you pr run the other day. 

qotd a yesterday:  The plan for this summer is permitted to hike the Wonderland Trail.  So I started reading a book about it and now I am scared. 

Wotd few days ago: Nothing big is planned so far in December..we are starting talking skiing.  Got a Mt Bohemian pass for a Feb trip. .I did have a friend who reached  out that she had sone free time... she may come here or I may suggest a Puerta Vallarta trip in Jan. My deceased Dad has money in a bank account there that I need to get and they keep saying I have to go there for it. 

Qotd today:  60???? Of course depends on if sun is out or not.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

qotd a yesterday:  The plan for this summer is permitted to hike the Wonderland Trail.  So I started reading a book about it and now I am scared. 

Queen I did it two years ago; we did it in 3.5 days which in hindsight was pushing it a bit 

It's really pretty, but be prepared for a lot of ascending/descending as it circles Mt Rainier with numerous drainages that drop you down and then back up.

Permitting is a bit of a pain as you have to stay at the campsite (and even the camp spot-numbered) assigned, wasn't used to that but it's popular enough that I see why.

The more flexible you are in your campsites and days, the better your odds of a permit.  We got nixed out on our permit, but made a call to the main ranger station and a gal helped us make a few minor changes over the phone and we got one. 

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Took a SRD yesterday. Yesterday was also the worst weather for the week (rain, upper 70s, humid as hell), so the timing was good.

A front went thru, so this morning it was cool and crisp, low 50s. Felt really nice, did 5 miles.

qotd: 30s to 50s are preferred, 60s are ok. But like LB, I’m not good in the typical conditions around here… the 70s and above.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

A yea you and I have different ideas if a good time!   I am hoping they want to do it in at least 7 days but woukd enjoy 14!!

Queen I did it two years ago; we did it in 3.5 days which in hindsight was pushing it a bit 

It's really pretty, but be prepared for a lot of ascending/descending as it circles Mt Rainier with numerous drainages that drop you down and then back up.

Permitting is a bit of a pain as you have to stay at the campsite (and even the camp spot-numbered) assigned, wasn't used to that but it's popular enough that I see why.

The more flexible you are in your campsites and days, the better your odds of a permit.  We got nixed out on our permit, but made a call to the main ranger station and a gal helped us make a few minor changes over the phone and we got one. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

A yea you and I have different ideas if a good time!   I am hoping they want to do it in at least 7 days but woukd enjoy 14!!

either way- very nice country 

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √