Trailer Trash

Finally Friday (Read 18 times)

dhuffman63

Trails

Congrats and good luck Sue.

As for horse flies they bug the crap out of the horses so I catch them and pull their heads off....does that make me a sociopath?

XtremeTaper

Had another weird episode yesterday with dizziness and light headed feeling. Happened right before I went to the gym. I went anyway and it was the strangest workout ever. Felt that perhaps I should just go home because I felt so off, but then figured well if I pass out someone will notice at least! I was able to do all my typical weights/reps, started feeling better/normal halfway through, but was very thirsty throughout. I am starting to think I am having strange side effects from this liquid supplement I am taking for my joints. I've been on it for 3+ weeks now and it has started to help my knees, but I've stopped it for now. I did notice there is Stevia in the supplement. Maybe it's crashing my blood sugar. I made an appointment with the doc next week to be safe.

Anyway, felt normal today so a short run at lunch, just 3 miles on the local trail with the Lady. We wandered down to the rugged section by Sprogel's run. Mulch-a-pa-looza continues tonight. Felt fine last night and mulched away for 2+ hours.

QOTD: Deer flies. No question. I can kill hundreds during a summer run, but it makes no difference.

Queenie - Fast paces!!! .... and retirement!!

Dr Jamie - Is it almost run time?

Dreamer - Good to hear the procedure is done with no issues.

Warden - Ack, Norovirus. That will wear you down for a few days. Unfortunately I've been bitten before.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Between you and Warden... a little scary with the bug torturing.

Congrats and good luck Sue.

As for horse flies they bug the crap out of the horses so I catch them and pull their heads off....does that make me a sociopath?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Queen: Congrats, and good luck! Sounds really good.

dhuff, warden: Thinking of the flies, I'm not sure if I would go for a run with you, alone, through the woods... 

So far, this has been a miserable day for me today, and if it wasn't for the run, I'd be discouraged by now.

First, a coworker treated everyone else in a very arrogant, commanding way - and she's not even a member of our department, just helping out, but sure a know-it-all. Then my boss ridiculed me - she's not very sensible. Then apparently somebody passed away right there in our store - not a good feeling. And when I finally walked out to my car, pushing my shopping cart, a woman in a car ran straight into my shopping cart and ran it over. She did not even stop, but I noticed her car getting scratched and dented. She's probably going to wonder tomorrow who keyed her car. Luckily, I just let go of the empty cart, so I did not get hurt. People... 

But then - (insert angelical singing here, and let the sun shine bright) - I went on my run, and now my day is fixed. Was a nice, great heat run, just the way I like it. Running is a life saver!

QOTD: Fortunately we don't have many deer flies around, usually only near the swamp, so that's manageable. I find the PA black flies very annoying, they always crawl under my glasses and into my nose and mouth. Not much to avoid them, just keep running and waving in front of my face constantly to keep them at a distance.

Run for fun.

dhuffman63

Trails

FTYC....hmmm perhaps asshat people .

Sue, I do the same to bot flies, ticks I pull off the horses I drop into bottle of rubbing alcohol, spiders in the house I flush down the toilet...maybe I have an insect problem?  Maybe I'm Dexter to the bad insects.

Daydreamer1

Good luck on the retirement Sue, I'm jealous .

Hmmmmmm...........not sure I'm liking what I'm reading here today. Seems like we have some sociopaths and mass murderers in our midst .

Wait................did I just see a dandelion pop up in my yard????  Yep, it is. I'm outta here gotta find the sprayer and kill, kill, kill them *&$%@#!!!! things. Death to the Dandelions!!!!!

ps.  don't ask anyone what happened on Sunday morning when I found a bunch of ants crawling on the kitchen counter.  They might tell you I went berserk until they were eradicated .

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

5.6 finishing with strides.  Taper finally seems to be kicking in.

Mike, that novovirus  is nasty.  That's what I had back at the end of January, beginning of February.

Sue, so this is really and truly your retirement? No more postponements?  Welcome to the club!

Marie, that's crazy but apparently common. Glad your run turned the day around for you.

qotd: As far as critters, probably clouds of gnats. They cause coughing and choking when I run into them unexpectedly and inhale a few hundred.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

ps.  don't ask anyone what happened on Sunday morning when I found a bunch of ants crawling on the kitchen counter.  They might tell you I went berserk until they were eradicated .

Same here. They appear every year around this time of year, but I kill each and every one of them, and I keep all food way away, so they learn soon that they are not welcome here. I hate the little food-stealing ants. Now I seem to have a carpenter ant problem, since the neighbors have moved out. 

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

So I gave my notice...my boss said he is fine if I rescind it again.   so I need to keep moving forward.   who would of thought stopping work and still getting paid would be so nerve whacking! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

aaaahhhhhh!   perfect visual of the transformation.

But then - (insert angelical singing here, and let the sun shine bright) - I went on my run, and now my day is fixed. Was a nice, great heat run, just the way I like it. Running is a life saver!

Woot!  Enjoy!

So I gave my notice...my boss said he is fine if I rescind it again.   so I need to keep moving forward.   who would of thought stopping work and still getting paid would be so nerve whacking! 

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR