Trailer Trash

Wandering Wednesdaily (Read 35 times)

Occasional Runner

Good morning Trailers!

No running for me today. I'm in Amsterdam drinking beer and eating cheese, on my way to South Africa. It was a surprisingly pleasant flight but I wish I had booked more time in Europe before heading south.

QOTD: Does your running cause a conflict with your spouse or significant other?

Running and racing is a central focus in our life as a couple, so it never creates conflict. I feel lucky in that regard because it seems like a lot of my running friends aren't so fortunate.

Snowdenrun

Morning- Night...whatever it is.

Ran 9+ ..yesterday. Today is most likely a rest day. Boyfriend and I are planning on going out on the boat.

QOTD: No complications do to running so far. When DBF and I moved in together I was just becoming a regular runner. He's been supportive of me and working towards my marathon. But he's not really "into it" I guess. Sometimes I'll tell him a milestone I made that day running, but I don't think he really gets it. Which is fine, works for us. Running is my thing, and if I'm excited about something he'll listen, for a minute. If I don't come back after 3 hours he might get a bit worried, but knows I can hold my own and patiently waits.

A few weeks ago my fire dept pager went off for an EMS call saying pedestrian hit by car. When I didn't show up for a while he got a bit nervous. I heard the sirens, changed my running route and followed them to assist with the EMT call.

He probably won't wake up for the 7 am start to my debut marathon, but I'm sure he'll be there at the finish line. Hell, I'm worried about waking up that early.

Birdwell

Morning folks!

Got in two lousy miles this morning.

QOTD: no significant conflicts, I try to do all of my running while everyone else is asleep. Races are few and far between.

MTA: I decided to toughen up so I changed shoes, and went out for 3 miles of hill repeats after posting this.

Trying to break out of a little funk.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I got in a lousy 4.5 miles this morning in the fog.  The fog was actually the best part of the run.  Nothing more needs to be said.

QOTD: similar to birdwell, I try to make sure my running has little impact on the family.  Morning runs and few races.  No big conflicts but I do think that getting shoes, money for races, travel to races gets to DW a little bit.  But I have made an effort to make sure she is doing what she enjoys (volleyball).

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

Morning all!

Got out for almost 5 this morning.  First early morning run in a while, but with the summer coming on quickly, I need to make the switch.    Had a strange encounter with a woman and her child on the paved trail, coming from the hospital (where I think they  were coming from).  I was expecting her to ask for money, but she just wanted 'advice'.   Based on her questions, she was mentally ill and I clearly couldn't do anything for her.   Wanted to call social services, though, for the sake of her child.  The one time I did not have my phone with me.  No one appeared to be in danger, and frankly, if she was coming from the hospital, I'm sure they know all about her troubles. felt bad about the child, though.

qotd:  nope, generally not, because DH kitesurfs, which is a far more intensive (time and money) hobby.  We've found a good balance.

Sandy-2

lace_up,    Aaaaah  Schiphol, know it well...  or did you actually make it downtown?

By the way I plotted this a few years ago.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/nl/aalsmeer-north-holland/schiphol-airport-out-n-back-route-1148011

I'll do core training at lunch and then 5 miles after work today.  Decided to hit the snooze button this morning.

qotd:  No major conflicts, but I also try to do most of my runs while the DW and DD are still asleep.  Since I travel for work alot, when I also travel to a race I get some "comments", but this year my DS is going to meet me in Leadville so the DW sees it as a positive.  Of course so do I, really looking forward to seeing him, been a while 'cause he moved up north.

tbd.

Morning all,

I ended up being too sore for yoga last night. But good soreness that reminded me of how hard I worked on Sunday.  So I decided to try out Restorative Yoga tonight instead. I think it is based on Yin principles. Probably won't get a decent run in until Friday or Saturday.

QOTD: Not really. My BF and I have our own priorities, athletic-wise. He plays Ultimate Frisbee year-round (it is quite athletic, I'm dead serious) and I run year round. We each respect our priorities and try to support each other in them. I will attend a bunch of his games (when I'm not playing in them) and he attends most of my races. It works quite nicely.

Low_O2

Morning all!

Got in 4 miles around the hood with the dog last night. Felt pretty good. Another 4 scheduled for tonight and maybe a hike to get in some climbing work.

QOTD: Yes and no. My DW runs a little bit and is very supportive of my running habits, but I have to be a bit careful sometimes. We have a 4 month old son and DW is very busy with work lately, so it makes it a bit rough to get in my miles while still keeping up with my other responsibilities. I try not to talk about running too much and tone down my shoe/gear purchases which helps. She really enjoys coming to my races and supporting me, so overall it works out pretty well.

XtremeTaper

I ran an enjoyable 6.5 miles last night on the blue trails at Green Lane. Beautiful evening for a run. Grey, damp, drizzly, mild, humid, foggy, slightly muddy, brilliant green and no one around. I enjoy late spring runs in these sorts of conditions, where the woods is wet and green and full of life, and the damp foliage closes in on you in places and brushes you with cooling drops of wetness. Felt good last night and through in some surges and fartleks on the easier parts of trail.

I had to LOL just a bit as the park service has installed some signs on the blue trail stating "Caution: Dangerous trail section ahead". These signs appeared just before entering several of the rocky creek bed crossings. These are indeed tricky sections with short but steep drops in and out of small rocky gorgeous and are normally quite slick but I've been running them for years without warning.

I will do a similar distance/time run this evening. I think it is forecast to be hot and humid later today.

QOTD: Not too often, but it does happen. My wife has sewing/quilting, I have running.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Easy miles at lunch.  Still sore in left foot from all the asphalt but much better than Monday.

QOTD:  See my RR Smile.  Not at all since we both run ultras.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning everyone!

Hill repeats this afternoon- most likely in the rain

qotd: my wife has really started to get into running of late, she runs w/ a Galloway Marathon group (although has no current intentions of running a marathon) and enjoys the social aspect of running (I guess I'm more of the crusty hermit type Smile)

she got me to sign up for a 50k last night and she was originally going to sign up for the 10k; then decided she wanted to push things a bit, so signed up for the 30k Big grin

anywho- no conflicts, we are both relatively new to running and both are caught up in the excitement of it

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Good Morning (new to the forum) still working on my profile

Got 8 good trail miles in after work yesterday, 9:35 pace. Anything over 10  and the deer and horse flies feast on me. Wanted to run 10-12 but don't think I could keep the tempo. Good evening for running in Western PA, acclimating to the heat that is finally here.

QOTD: I am usually up at the buttcrack of dawn 0430 for shorter weekday runs, and weekend runs last until 0800 when the kids get up. No real conflicts, they do wonder why. I tell them that it is daddy's job to wake the critters up. They are getting older and don't believe me.  Good support from family.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ welcome aboard Smile  I think we have several folks from the PA area if my memory serves me

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Thanks, looking forward to meeting fellow trail runners.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

QOTD: I am usually up at the buttcrack of dawn 0430 for shorter weekday runs, and weekend runs last until 0800 when the kids get up. No real conflicts, they do wonder why. I tell them that it is daddy's job to wake the critters up. They are getting older and don't believe me.  Good support from family.

Yes - several of us from PA.  Some that frequent from Western PA I think (mecrowe & banshee).    But I like your answer about why you run to your kids.  My 8 yr old this morning got up and said "Daddy - did you just get back from running?" Yes I said.  His response in a whiney voice "why you always got to go running??"  I generally have no response for them.  Maybe someday they will get it.

Welcome!

Oh and see the PA trail/ultra group (link in my sig line).  Not as active but many PA specific questions get posted there.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday