Trailer Trash

Tropical Thursday (Read 15 times)

runtraildc

Warm here today, with a little bit of wind. Sunny, too, which is the best part.  I ended up doing some strength work and stretching like I said I would yesterday. The right side of my lower back is twitchy, due I think, to tight quads and hip. Based on other times, it'll take a week or so to get it back to good. Not long, thankfully.

Today, our plan is to get into Rock Creek for some hills.

Queen-- good to see you back and back running. Seems like Jack is just in it for the snow fun!

qotd: Have you gone to see any movies in a theatre recently? I'm not a big movie person, but the theatre is especially one place I'm not sure about (yet have been on lots of planes). I do want to go see Licorice Pizza-- maybe this weekend. It's playing at a small place nearby. I'm getting tired of Netflix, Prime, etc...

LB2

Pretty warm and muggy down here, too. I ran about 2.5 miles this morning. The only issue I felt today was a feeling like I got a shot in the left hip, just a deep soreness that should work itself out with stretching and time. All the joint/nerve pain/sensation is completely gone. I don't ever want to have this happen again. I'll continue to visit the chiropractor from time to time for maintenance. It is well worth it to me.

QOTD: I haven't been to a movie in a very long time. I just really haven't seen anything come out that I want to go see.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Nothing yet today but it was warm here this morning... about 50 when I took the dogs for their walk. That is warm here for December but not unheard of. Plan is some miles at the lake late this afternoon with Baker.

QOTD: We were not big movie goers before the pandemic and that trend continues. We did watch Dune recently on HBO Max and might splurge for the new Bond film and watch at home. In fact, the last movie we saw in the theatres was the previous Bond movie in 2015.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

4 EZ predawn miles in a slight off and on drizzle.  Now it's raining.  The Hub ain't gonna be too happy about that.  It's hard to mow lawns, etc., in the rain.

Gatsby - I forgot to thank you for your comment the other day about using my current pace as a barometer to look back on in a few months after getting some coaching.  Appreciate it.

QOTD: I wish we were seeing in movies in theaters, but it rarely happened before CV, and it ain't happenin' now.  I mean, how would I eat popcorn with a mask on??  I do want to see "Belfast", though.  That looks good.  But I'll have to wait 'til it comes out on DVD or Prime.

Streaming Stuff - I wish there was a better way to search for movies than using my #$&% remote control to move up and down letter by letter, painstakingly typing in words.  Plus, it just throws up the same crap over and over that I've been ignoring.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength trained yesterday after work, much to the chagrin of Tiny Elvis 

we’ll hit the trails this evening though

qotd: we saw Belfast last week, highly recommended- I’ll be very surprised if it’s not nominated for several Oscars; the new Bond is on my much watch list, less so for DW Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Got up and did 3 mi. Tapering. Just another summer morning here, the low was in the low 70s. The high today was 84.

Im doing the final assembling and packing so we can start the drive early tomorrow morning.

qotd: we haven’t been to the movies since Covid. Before we’d go form time to time, but I can’t remember the last movie we saw in the theater.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Woke up around 3 am and winds were roaring..I wanted to hear/feel them so stepped on the deck bracing myself for the cold and it was warm air blowing.  weather said 64 degrees...all snow melted.  Now it's 39 again.  Jack and I got in a little over 3.   

qotd:  love going to movies in theater...saw Gucci last and enjoyed it.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Woke up around 3 am and winds were roaring..I wanted to hear/feel them so stepped on the deck bracing myself for the cold and it was warm air blowing.  weather said 64 degrees...all snow melted.  Now it's 39 again.  Jack and I got in a little over 3.   

This reminds me of the Diablo winds that we have here on the coast, usually in the fall.  Weirdly warm.  And always troubling since it portends increased fire danger.  Not usually in December, fortunately.  And especially not after the rain dump we had a couple days ago!

Hill repeats today, total of 5 miles.

QOTD: No movie theaters near here.  I'd love to see Belfast and have heard good things about Licorice Pizza.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR