Trailer Trash

Fun Friday (Read 14 times)

runtraildc

Morning (or afternoon) trailers. Yesterday was a walk around the lake while DH fished (largemouth bass plus a northern pike).  Today should be 5-6 in the park. 

yesterday’s qotd- minimal loan, same as DH. I have mixed feelings, but overall there are always ‘gamers’ but it will benefit far more than those taking advantage. The real issue is the exorbitant tuition inflation that makes it unaffordable to many. Too many college presidents amd sports coaches making salaries that put them in the 1%. Forgiving 10k for an education that will run a 100k (public, in state) to almost 300k is nothing.

qotd- what are your weekend plans? DS amd I have a 5k on Sunday at the MN state fair. Then the fair itself.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ fish for supper?

6 miles (1100’ ) with Tiny Elvis this morning

qotd: Looking at possibly bagging a few peaks this weekend in the Elkhorns.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

10 predawn miles on the bike this a.m.  By the time I got back, the  heavy dampness had started to come in and I was fairly soaked,

Yesterday after work, I did a 1.5 mile walk/run to test out the foot.  Things felt pretty good . . . until I got too aggressive with my massaging later in the evening.  I can tell I went too far. 

QOTD:  Coupla lady friends are making their annual pilgrimage to town.  They've rented a house which makes it nice for visiting, as opposed to sitting around in a hotel room.  There are 3 of us locally, and between all 5 of us, I'm the youngest at 56, the oldest is 76, and the other 3 are in their mid to late 60's.  Only one other one gets a regular amount of exercise, so I have to keep that in mind when I'm suggesting things to do.  I'd like to go for hikes, etc., but that ain't gonna happen.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Haven't run since tgat treadmill killed my spirit!  But still walking Jack.  

• Qotd:  I don't think loans should be forgiven Nilly Willy.  Maybe forgiven if they do military service.  Too many kids  use college to avoid adulthood.  I know from experience .  Plus I made a good living in a field that did not require a degree.  They also gave students too much in loan money that was used for living expenses or cars, trips, extra.

qotd:  Heading to the UP to backpack picture rocks with my cousins.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

3.5 miles this morning before the rain started. Then, I had to run down to a high school to deal with an issue that turned out to be a non-issue, but there were other issues. So, it worked out okay. Waiting to log onto a meeting with the librarians at the college. Should be a blast!!!

QOTD: 20 year anniversary was Wednesday, so we are going to a nice place to eat tomorrow night. I am getting the pork chop. I love pork chops when they are done right.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Northern Harrier...check you RA email

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

A 1 mile jog with Baker at the lake yesterday. He started moseying about so we packed it in back to the car. I will solo today at the lake, 5 or 6 miles I suppose.

QOTD: No big plans. Golf, run, work in the yard, swim/lounge at our pool. A few cold ones.

LB2 - Agree on the pork chop. We ate a farm to table place once near Atlanta, the Farm at Serenbe. It was a big anniversary dinner for the wife and I and family. I ordered the cowboy pork chop or whatever it was called. A thick 1-2 inch pork chop cooked and seasoned so perfectly. It was amazing. I have not perfected the thick pork chop cook.

Queenie - Picture Rocks! I was there but did not backpack like you are doing. Have a blast!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

LB2 - Agree on the pork chop. We ate a farm to table place once near Atlanta, the Farm at Serenbe. It was a big anniversary dinner for the wife and I and family. I ordered the cowboy pork chop or whatever it was called. A thick 1-2 inch pork chop cooked and seasoned so perfectly. It was amazing. I have not perfected the thick pork chop cook.

I thought I had perfected it, but then I had a bite of one at a restaurant in Baton Rouge last year and was slapped in the face by flavors I didn't know existed.

LB2