Trailer Trash

Too Much Tuesday (Read 12 times)

LB2

I took a few days off to try to get my back in order after the chiropractor on Friday and again on Monday. I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised with the results. I am sleeping well and just feel much better than I did before. He moved somethings around that I didn't know needed to move. He is an odd guy, but he has really helped me out. I will go back after the first of the year.

Yesterday's QOTD: I just finished Narcos: Mexico. And I just got all caught up on Yellowstone Seasons 1 to 3. I'll have to get Season 4 on Amazon Prime at some point.

QOTD: Are you into any particular podcasts right now?

1. Meateater

2. Bear Grease

3. Fist Full of Dirt

4. Joe Rogan

LB2

XtremeTaper

Baker and I had a nice 5 miler last night out on the hills of Coventry Woods. Mixed up our route just a bit on the way back. The missus walked the Lady on the lower/easier trail while we ran. She told me the Lady started to go up the bigger hill at a brisk pace. Probably looking for us. Saw an interesting dog, I thought it was a Weimaraner from a distance but the guy told me it was a silver lab. It had the color of Weimaraner but the body type and face of a lab.

We are in a spell of nice weather. I think a lunchtime run at the lake trails is in order today.

QOTD: Nope. None of those podcasts here.

LB2 - Glad the chiro is helping. I go once a month or so to keep things in check. The guy I see is sort of a crackpot too.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

I did not get out for a run yesterday, but got in a long dog walk again at dusk. I ended up getting the bulk of our xmas shopping done (which isn't a huge haul to begin with, but it feels good to have the niece and nephew gifts out of the way. And our gift is a trip, so got the discounted airline gift cards taken care of, too.

Today, I will run. It's the brewery group night so about 5 before my beer.

XT- I've seen a few of those Silver Labs. handsome dogs

LB-- good to hear that you're feeling better!

qotd: Nothing new-- still a huge fan of National Park after Dark, and Ear Hustle. I tend to listen to podcasts on road trips, and it's been quiet lately on that front.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

LB- good deal!

4 miles in the trails with Tiny Elvis yesterday evening; will be glad when I don’t have to don a headlamp Smile

Will get some miles in after work today

qotd: just ones I bump into, several good ones on Uphill Athlete, a few hunting ones here and there

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Hi....just getting back into running.  The dirt road I run us Ivey and rutty so it slow going, which is a good thing after having 3 months off.  

qotd:  Smartless ...funny.  Park Predators...Morib.  Doctor death...which makes you want to never see a doctor and makes me think of Bertie

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB - Glad your back is feeling better.  I see a sports chiro once in awhile who I really like.  He's a young guy, athletic, and completely supports me in this crazy ultra thing.  When I first started seeing him, he said, "My goal is to get you to the point you don't need to come back."

I also see a MAT therapist once in awhile. I've been seeing him off and on for years.  It's amazing what he can "fix" that regular PT or chiro can't.  Put all 3 together, and they're very complimentary.

5.27 miles this a.m. with 6 x 20 hill sprints.  I did better on those than I anticipated!  I forgot to turn off my watch when I got home, so the overall average pace of my run is a big skewed. 

QOTD: I love to listen to podcasts when I'm running.  Currently:

How I Built This

Accused

This American Life

Trail Runner Nation

Rich Roll

So this question is probably going to be stupid, but here goes - I'd like to download the Joe Rogan podcast, but it's not on iTunes.  I need to download Spotify to my iPod to get his podcast, correct?

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

LB2

So this question is probably going to be stupid, but here goes - I'd like to download the Joe Rogan podcast, but it's not on iTunes.  I need to download Spotify to my iPod to get his podcast, correct?

Yes. Rogan is only on Spotify. I listen to everything else on the Apple thing. I also listen to a lot of music on Pandora. Pandora seems more user friendly to me for music, but I just haven't really dug too much into the music on Spotify.

LB2

Sandy-2

Doing a little time on the MTB and also some core/back stuff after work today (as in right now).  I'm in 'taper mode' for this weekend.

LB, glad to hear the back is doing better.  Wish I could get mine back to normal.

qotd: I don't listen to any podcasts. But I remember listening to an Elvis Costello podcast a while back.

tbd.