Trailer Trash

Wet Leaf Wednesday (Read 14 times)

LB2

Ground is saturated. I am procrastinating on my B2B long runs. I just don't want to run that far with wet feet. Sandy and I ran long and far enough 10 years ago in Texas with wet feet to condition us for a lifetime. I ran 5 wet footed miles this morning.

QOTD: Do you have a favorite article of clothing you like to wear?

I have a few pairs of cheap Denali pants from Sam's. They are very comfortable, very stretchy, extremely durable, dry super fast, and only cost $12.99. I have paid up to $150 a pair for pants that are not as good. I wear them to meetings, hunting, and just about everything else.

LB2

30+ min of core/ST this a.m.  Shoulda been longer, but then I would've had to get out of bed earlier.  It's a catch 22. 

We have a big storm coming in today.  Lots of high winds and flood warnings.  We don't get rain forever, and now we're getting drenched and the ground just isn't ready for it.  Fingers crossed there won't be too many slides.

QOTD: My dark grey sweatpants.  I'd were them 24/7 if I could.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

XtremeTaper

Lunchtime run at the lake today. It was balmy, 60 degrees! The lake still had patchy ice and the temperature gradient caused a cool layer of fog over the surface. Pretty neat. I tried to snap a picture but it did not come out so well. Anyway, Baker and I ran 5 miles, some pretty decent, some pretty slow. No wet leaves but tons of slippery mud from recent rains and winter thaw. Ran into our friend Ash so Baker had some back and forth chase time with his friend. Park service was also out to do some tree cleanup but rather unsuccessfully as their ATV was stuck in an  odd position, half off/on a section of trail in a rut, on a small hillside, and sort of blocked by trees on the backside.

QOTD: I have 2 pairs of sweat pants that are ancient, Adidas, sort of a slick material but not quite waterproof. They do have some warmth. About all I wear in the winter for house lounging and out and about. A fashionista I am not.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Lovely unexpectedly sunny day in Ireland.  The weather forecast almost always calls for rain here, so I guess it's a nice surprise if it does not happen.  At home, on the other hand, the forecast calls for two major storms moving in today and over the weekend.  The ground is saturated from the last storm so it'll be interesting to see where all the water goes.

Since it was so nice out, I did a short run today.  Will see what tomorrow brings.

QOTD: I live in running shoes, the only shoes that my feet seem to like.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

Really nice day here, 50 deg and sunny. I ran 10 mi this morning.  Since we had the rain early yesterday and for 2 days before that, we had a lot of leaves on the ground but it was dry this morning.

Gatsby - I'm confused where are you Ireland or California (feel free to answer physically or otherwise) ?

qotd: I also live in retired running shoes.

tbd.

runtraildc

4 miles last night with the brewery group. Plus a beer afterwards. Warm and humid run. weird for January, but not unheard of.   Today is probably a rest day. Did a bunch of yard work (see weather above) and now we're doing a deep clean of the house-- started before the holidays and now we're doing the hard stuff. Ugh.  Been clearing out a lot of stuff that went to the goodwill. That felt good.

qotd: Oh, that's a hard one as I have a few that i really love. I have an old patagonia sweatshirt that is mostly relegated to in house wear (or covered with a jacket if out and about).

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Getting in some good, brisk walks, but another 9-10 days before I'm allowed to run.

qotd: Nothing really a favorite, but I live in running clothes.  I guess favorite running shirts are from D3.
                No photo description available.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Gatsby - I'm confused where are you Ireland or California (feel free to answer physically or otherwise) ?

Ha, I’m in Ireland now. A trip with my Dad. Back next week.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

Ha, I’m in Ireland now. A trip with my Dad. Back next week.

Nice!!!  Enjoy.

tbd.