Trailer Trash

Foggy morning midweek (Wednesday) (Read 15 times)

runtraildc

Lots of very thick fog this morning and surprisingly warm. Chowder and o got in 4 miles, which felt harder than usual. Maybe it was the tricky visibility or footing? Anyways, I was tired. 

qotd- any holiday treats making their appearance yet? A friend dropped off these shortbread sandwich cookies- homemade and very delicious. And of course, I’m the only one eating them. I need to put some in the freezer. 🙄

NorthernHarrier

Got a little snow event happening, supposed to get just 1-2". Kinda pretty with 3 deer walking thru the yard. Couple days ago I walked into my boat landing and the otters had made a hole in the ice about 40' out and there were 3 of them hanging out while 2 eagles were circling above them. I'm sure I speak for many but being able to watch these things is so enriching. Anyhow it's a day of weights, rowing, and I'll get out for 5 miles on the bike path. Soon.

Queen--already have that title but the expected little dude has not hatched yet. Eventually he has to show I guess...

QOTD--Seeing as I have no will power I'm really trying to avoid going anywhere near the treats. I have to lose some weight.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Heading out for a few miles soon with TE.  I'm evaluating several mid-layer pieces for a hunting forum and in addition to wearing them all in a variety of conditions, I'm conducting a little test to see how well they do moving moisture.  I'll take a base layer (weigh it dry) and thoroughly soak it, wring out a little (weigh it) and then proceed on a hour hike with the mid-layer over top.  After the hike, reweigh the base layer and see how much drier it is.  I'll use the same base layer, same starting wet weight, same route, same pace and as close to the same weather conditions as possible.  This is isn't going to very fun, putting on a very damp base layer in 25-ish degree weather, but in the name of science.... 

qotd: DW bought some fancy hot chocolate- kind of a pain to make- have to heat half the milk, mix in the hot chocolate, heat the other half of the milk and mix it in, dollop of whipped cream and voila- the best hot chocolate I've ever had.  I'm sure it's really good for you too 

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

Warden: Care to share some of the names of the items you are testing?

I ran 15 miles this morning before work. It was a foggy mess out there, but the run was good, a little too fast on the front end.

QOTD: Considering I think I ate an entire apple pie at Thanksgiving, I would say some holiday treats have appeared, but nothing since the pie.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Warden: Care to share some of the names of the items you are testing?

I'm testing the Outdoor Research Vigor hoody, the Sitka Ambient hoody and the First Lite Origin hoody.  I've got a Stone Glacier Cirque "lite" on the way, but that will be a stand alone review as I'm getting close to finishing (save the torture test ) the review of the three above.

All basically active insulation pieces.

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Can you take 2 rest days, one day apart???   Let's face it, I just didn't want to get up this morning.  Although, I was wide awake at 1:30. Too bad it was so early.

QOTD: Next week our office is reinstating it's annual Week of Gluttony, which was on hiatus for 2 years.  It ain't gonna be pretty.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

LB2

I'm testing the Outdoor Research Vigor hoody, the Sitka Ambient hoody and the First Lite Origin hoody.  I've got a Stone Glacier Cirque "lite" on the way, but that will be a stand alone review as I'm getting close to finishing (save the torture test ) the review of the three above.

All basically active insulation pieces.

I have a Stone Glacier Helios Hoody that I love. My wife fussed at me because it had blood on it. I told her it is supposed to have blood on it. LOL.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

4 mile walk with Jack this am...meeting my cousin who is in town at the Brew run for probably and then beers.  

qotd: Nope...try to keep that out of the house.  What we had leftover after Turkey day I sent home with everyone.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

No run yet today, but somewhat mild and foggy for the morning dog walk around the hood. The missus has been joining us as of late, even on a few of the colder days.

Plan is to get out to the trails around 3:30 so I can get in an hour before the darkness settles in. It's sort of a late afternoon work break. Get the run in, come home work for another hour or two. Probably head to the lake for simplicities sake but will likely be muddy out there from yesterday's rain. No run yesterday.

Went to cvs for the covid booster and flu jab today. It's been close to 6 months since we had our mild case of Covid but with kiddos and company coming in the next few weeks figured to play it safe.

QOTD: Hmm. No Christmas or holiday treats yet.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

Took a SRD today.  Did some stuff around the house.  Also my 2 pairs of new Asics came today (now Gatsby doesn't have to buy me a pair of shoes).

qotd: DW made a huge amount of cookies.  Luckily she had me mail them off to our kids, nieces and nephews. Although there are a few leftover for us, I'll have to exercise great control.

tbd.