Trailer Trash

the pre-weekend Fridaily (Read 13 times)

runtraildc

Morning trailers! Yesterday ended up being a no run day. Just tired. Worked my pt job and was starving by the time I got home. Early dinner and then just couldn't get my running stuff on. Chowder and I took a late walk, enjoyed the fog along the creek and called it a night. Today is still TBD, but our dishwasher was delivered early so no sitting around waiting for that. .

qotd: Weekend plans? I would say installing the dishwasher, but DH has it almost done. Weather is supposed to clear up and cool off. Nothing too exciting planned

XtremeTaper

Not to motivated to run last night but did wog Baker up on the local trail for about 3 miles just before darkness fell, which is now approaching 6pm here. Light rain, damp mild conditions. Rain is winding down here now and we are getting colder temps for a day or two. Run today TBD. The wind is supposed to kick up when the clouds blow out with the front, so maybe just a few road miles later.

QOTD: Hoping for a quiet on-call weekend, so not too much planned. Run some errands, get some things done so we are prepared for our trip down south next week. Run Baker of course. Oh, it's a long weekend too.. I get President's Day off now. It might be warm enough to hit the links for 9 holes.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Happy Friday to all. Went into the city to the office yesterday. Boy it’s a ghost town in downtown SF.  My office was pretty empty too. I only went in to meet up with some work friends for lunch and chitchat. We might try to do it more regularly, maybe monthly or quarterly.  I like working from home but I miss other people sometimes. At least, the people that I like.

3 miles easy today. 

QOTD: I’ve got a 20 mile trail race tomorrow. Not much of a race really, and I won’t be “racing”. Just a small event benefiting a local trail organization, but it’s on some trails that I want to check out, north of my dad’s house. I’ll visit him after

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Nothing to report this morning, but I'll get in some core/mobility/stretching after work.

QOTD: 12 miles on tap tomorrow.  It's just a matter of where I want to go:  The torture route at the Arcata Community Forest, or the not so torturous Headwaters.  We'll see how I'm feeling by the end of the day today.  Then, I have to get our tax stuff done this weekend.  I have an appt on Wednesday.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Queen of Nothing

Sue

3 treadmill miles. 

qotd:  Visiting my friend while watching her son in a hockey tournaments

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

A little distraction during my 5 mi run this morning as I was testing out a new Salomon XT 15 pack I bought, it was on sale for 50 bucks. Mostly running but a few walking breaks thrown in for adjustments.  I need to carry a 3 liter bladder and have a little extra space for "stuff" on the Big Bend excursion in 2 weeks.  Turned out the pack's great, it's definitely a better hiking pack than a running pack because it bounces a little (at least with my bouncy stride) while running, but having said that I could probably still run a long way with it.  Plus I should add that I had a filled 3L hydro bladder in it, kinda heavy concentrated load in it, I think there would be less bounce once I drink half of the water.  Anyway, it's going to work great for our trip and has lots of front and side zippered pockets for stuff not to mention the large back of the pack itself.

fatozzig: I also did my taxes early this year, I didn't file them yet because they said there is a new software update coming later today so I decided to update and see if it changes anything. Because I only worked half the year I'm going to get about a 7k refund (hence the reason why I decided to file early). 

qotd: nothing special just some running and doing stuff around the house.  I was thinking about crewing my DD in a horse race she's doing tomorrow, but she's only doing a 25 mile on a new horse she's training so she'll be taking it slow and that I shouldn't bother.

tbd.

LB2

I ran 5 miles this morning.

QOTD: No run in the morning. I am supposed to ride up to Mississippi with a friend to check on some turkeys. May go squirrel hunting in the afternoon with my dad. But we will probably just go over and check on some other turkeys. Sunday will be 10 miles, and then the taper really begins in earnest next week. God help me!!!

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Sandy- pack looks good

8 miles (1400') on a gorgeous Winter's day with Tiny E- mid-30's and pretty calm; have to enjoy it as we have another Arctic blast on it's way

qotd: heading to Missoula on Sunday, we're celebrating my MIL's 100th birthday; storms rolling in so hoping to be in between storms. I need to do our taxes too, not going to happen this weekend, but hopefully in the next week.  I'm 90% we'll be paying, state taxes for sure- SS won't let you take out state taxes.  I upped my pension's state tax withholdings, but I don't think enough we'll see.

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √