Trailer Trash

Wow it's the Weekender (Read 15 times)

runtraildc

I was reminded yesterday why I think Thanksgiving is a great holiday, being that it's holiday-ish for an entire whole week. Really relaxed, everyone on vacation mode. DH and I headed to Alexandria yesterday afternoon. He fished, I ran the Mt Vernon trail along the Potomac, then turned back and ran through the historic district. Pavement the entire way, but the trail traffic was pretty sparse. 6 miles. Chowder found the Va squirrels much more exciting than our MD ones.

Now having coffee and a scone before meeting up with the coffee shop group.

qotd: Any Black Friday shopping? none, which is typical for me. I try to buy less and more often used these days (enviromentally motivated). I did get an email from one of my garden seed suppliers with a discount code. It's a small, family run business and I already planned my order having received the catalog a couple of weeks ago so that will be my 'big spend'.

Sandy-2

Sitting here waiting for a large storm to pass. It's almost thru so I figured I'd run afterwards, looking at the map it'll only be a few more minutes. It's headed East-North-East so we're basically sending it over to LB2. It rained here all night last night so he'll get to have a rainy Saturday, sorry LB.

I'm planning on doing the longish eastern loop this morning, the park and then the rest of the 10-mile loop, so that'll give me about 15 miles.

qotd: None, although I do need to replace my running shoes so I may go online later to get the "older version" on sale.

tbd.

A weird week, with Monday off for travel and Thursday off for the holiday, but then I worked the rest of the week (Friday is not a government holiday).  Going for easy walks most days. Legs still feel heavy but no major post-race issues otherwise.  

QOTD: unlikely, unless I see any good race deals.  I did get a jump on “small business Saturday” by buying a few things from a friend’s book store.  Will visit her and pick up my books in a week or two. 

QOTD2: for anyone doing ultras, what watch do you use?  How’s the battery life?  I want to get something that will last at least 30 hours.  I currently have an old Suunto Ambit3 Peak and it poops out too soon.  Or maybe I need to get faster?  

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4 miles (800') with DW and Tiny Elvis on a winter's landscape (been that way since October! )

qotw 1: not for me; I am looking for a new (warmer) parka- but nothing low enough to make me jump (yet)

qotw 2: Gatsby my Garmin Instinct Solar will last almost 72 hours in tracking mode (even more with some direct sunlight on the watch)- I've been very happy with it

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

I managed 2 miles yesterday and am sipping coffee and contemplating what I'll do today.  I'm trying to get in the habit of doing something for 30 min each day, even if it's just some core and balance stuff.

QOTD 1: I bought a set of resistant bands, but that's it.

QOTD 2: Gatsby, I bought a Coros (not the pro) last year (last year??) and really like it.  I use it as my regular watch and for all my workouts.  I charge it about every 3 weeks or so.  It would easily last through a 100 miler.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

6 miles (1200') through 6-8" of snow- most estimates I've seen show a threefold calorie expenditure, not going to argue with their estimate I know it's a lot harder than no snow  

the big news is my Grizzlies recovered from a 21 point deficit in the 3rd quarter last night and ended up winning by 10 points- quite a comeback 

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Walked 4 miles with Jack.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Took a rest day today, just felt like it. Plus my hip was bugging me a little bit.

Gatsby I feel your pain, my old watch (Garmin Forerunner 230) only lasts about 13 hours in GPS mode.  When I do longer runs I recharge on-the-run with a battery pack charger (or chargers).  One of these days I just might get one of the new ultra-long battery live models like MT has.

tbd.

Thanks for the watch input. I’ve heard good things about Coros. But, the solar power option for some Garmins is very intriguing.  Need to do more research while keeping an eye on sales.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Please do share your research  especially the on sale part.

Thanks for the watch input. I’ve heard good things about Coros. But, the solar power option for some Garmins is very intriguing.  Need to do more research while keeping an eye on sales.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄