Trailer Trash

weak weekender (Read 15 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I think XT's qotd on Wed jinx'd me 

I bragged about not being sick for 2-3 years, that night my stomach started flip flopping and pretty soon I was praying at the porcelain alter 

Thursday weak and body ached all day, ditto yesterday- although late afternoon I took TE out for a few miles- the fresh air felt good.

Feeling better today thankfully, not a 100%, but getting there.

qotd Thur- no running events planned for me; will toe the line at the Bob Marshall Open this spring

qotd Fri- rest, recoup and a few easy miles

qotd: rooting for anyone this weekend?  rooting for the Bills to get by Kansas City- tough job, but they did it earlier in the season- we'll see

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

30 deg, calm wind, lowish humidity, bright stars/moon then orange sunrise then pure blue sky - perfect conditions. 15 miles - effortless.   Gave me 60 for the week.

qotd: usually root for the teams that haven’t won the whole thing in a while, so this round generally rooting for: Bills, Bengals, Rams, Niners.

tbd.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

First speed workout in ages, 6 x 3:00 pickups, total 7.1 miles with warm up and cool down.

QOTD: Not a big fan of Brady or Rodgers, so going with the 49ers and Rams.  Bills and Chiefs is a tougher one. I've felt sorry for the Bills with their history of 4 straight SB losses, but KC has Andy Reid with his Philadelphia connection. No real interest in Bengals and Titans.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Warden, ugh.  GI distress is the worst.

We've had crazy winds since yesterday.  Coming from north east, so on the warm side.  A couple trees on our street came down, some roads are closed from fallen trees, plus there are branches and other debris all over the streets.  Met a couple friends and did 15 hilly trail miles on Montara Mountain.  Nearly got blown off the damn thing.  But can't beat the views or good RB company.

QOTD: Rooting for the Niners and the Bills.  And whoever is playing the Patriots.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MT - Bleck! Glad you're starting to feel better.

Stunningly beautiful day today.  I got in 5 miles this a.m. at Headwaters, then did a bunch of house work while The Hub did a bunch of work in the neighbor's yard.

QOTD: Like Sandy, I always root for the teams that have had years' long dry spells.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

QOTD: Rooting for the Niners and the Bills.  And whoever is playing the Patriots.

I can tell you're a big NFL fan.  The Patriots lost to the Bills 47-17 last weekend.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

one #1 seed out- congrats to Cincinnati!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I can tell you're a big NFL fan.  The Patriots lost to the Bills 47-17 last weekend.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Still jugging along...is it a run...is it a walk....it is what it is.  Still chest congestion making it hard to breeze... but I slogging. 

qotd: Packers

qotd-1: Babysit my Mom

qotd-2:  well I need to decide what I want to do run wise.  Without a group, I suck at solo long runs.  But I am currently planning a solo backpacking trip in the UP this summer.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

two one seeds out- congrats to the 49’ers!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Huzzah!  Niners won!  Was not expecting that, they were completely outplayed.  Except for special teams...

What's that saying about how it's better to be lucky than good?

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

XtremeTaper

Oh geez... sorry about the crud MT. I was a bit leery of posting that question.

Took Baker out to a section of the Perkiomen trail yesterday. I used to run that all the time back in my marathon days and even some during the ultra years for tempo like stuff. I had not been there in 4-5 years. We did my favorite 8 mile out/back section which runs up above the river and out to the Spring Mount ski. No tempo yesterday, more of stop and go jog to leash Baker up for all the people encounters. Not that it was the crowded. This was an all dirt/cinder packed trail the last time I was on it and a few sections, maybe 1.5-2 miles are now paved in assfault. So sad and what a shame.

About to head out for a more rustic trail run with Baker at the Birdsboro watershed. It's down right balmy in the mid 20's already!

QOTD: Today, Bills and Rams. Yesterday's results were good. Looking to see some new teams in the Super Bowl, but how did the Packer's lose that game? Oh yeah. Special teams not so special.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

no worries XT- 2.5 years was a pretty good run 

special teams for the 49'ers need their suppers and drinks bought by the rest of the team!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Hay, my teams ‘done good’ yesterday!! (That’s jock talk.)

mt - sorry that you joined the infirmary group, hope you’re back to normal soon.

Another nice run this morning. Basically the same nice conditions as yesterday. Did 10 mi. The pelican flottila was out in force, while I was coming back over the causeway over the lake during an orange sunrise I counted 63 pelicans slowly and randomly floating around (I counted while running where it’s straight and flat).

tbd.

NorthernHarrier

Nothing new to report. Just more beach running, occasionally picking up a cool looking shell and I vary the distance for some excitement. 

I'm guessing tomorrow will be more of the same.

QOTD--Most realistic Packer fans are not surprised. Special teams under LaFleur have been terrible for 3 years. Last statistically this year. And really what has drama queen Rodgers done come playoff time? 30 years of hall of famers Favre and Rodgers and 2 Super Bowl wins. Even mediocre Eli Manning won two. Rodgers gets all the stats and will probably be the MVP again but it's just another playoff choke.  And he still doesn't know if he wants to play for the Packers next year. How about they just trade him while they can still get a little value. Yeah, I'm bitter yet again. 

Now rooting for the Rams and Bills.