Trailer Trash

Daylight Weekender (Read 19 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Congrats to Devan, her new Hubby, Sandy and the rest of the family. Hope the wedding goes off smoothly. We'll need some pictures, pops!

Bert - good luck Monday with the surgery. We're all puling for you and hope this starts you off on the road to finally recover. You are stronger than you realize.

Ran some slow miles today. Just wasn't feeling the best, so plodded along for 2 1/2 hours. Left the watch in the charger, so don't know the pace or distance.

Probably sleep in tomorrow after the clock change and weather looks great, so DW and I will get out for a long run. Think I'll leave the watch home again.

QOTD:  Do you sometimes not start the dailies because you can't think of a question?  I don't, I just come up with questions like this. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy, all the best to Devan, her hubs, and your family.  Yes, need pics!

More good thoughts going out to Bert-o.  You have been through a lot... it's time something went your way.  Hope things go well on Monday.

10.3 fast-ish miles in a rainstorm.  Happy to see the rain, not complaining!

QOTD: lol, either I can't come up with a question or I can't think of a clever title for the thread.  So much pressure!  

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

NorthernHarrier

Yeah, big congrats to Sandy and family. 

Got up to my shack late last night and up this morning getting my syrup evaporator set up, redoing the stove pipe, and getting other equipment set out for DW as she'll be up in a couple days to start the syrup thing. I tapped 28 trees so far and will do another 12 or so next Saturday but at least we can get going. 44F here right now and some of the trees are dripping like someone turned on the spigot. Tough snow conditions with anywhere from24" to 30".

Gonna head out for maybe 4 or so on the roads and then head back home as I have a big mileage day tomorrow on trails and then 1 more week of work.

QOTD-I have no idea. I'm just a chronic underachiever.  

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Congrats Sandy, DD and new son-in-law!

Bert- best of luck Monday, hoping you beat this SOB.

8 miles w/ Tiny E yesterday- we were in the upper 60's yesterday, first time in just shirt sleeves since September 

5 miles on the trails w/ DW and Tiny E this morning- trails are getting less icy, but more muddy.  Tiny E is so low to the ground he really soaks up the mud 

qotd: no I just let 'er rip Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run today....working...ok laying on a log looking at the beautiful blue sky wondering why Gatsby ran in the rain.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

Congratulations to Devan, Hubby and the rest of the family.

4 extra hilly miles with the group this morning. I ran with my friend and we talked about the various physical complaints we currently had .  Her DH, who usually runs with us, was at home in a boot due to a 'stress reaction', some kind of precursor to a stress fracture. This week has been extra tiring, and it took some extra motivation to get out the door. Then an afternoon nap.

Harrier-- congrats on the upcoming 'retirement'. And good luck with the syrup production.

Queen-- that looks to be a good way to 'work'.

Gatsby- Sometimes 'the daily' is as clever as you need to be Smile\

MT- beautiful pics!

qotd: Yes.

moonlightrunner

Congrats to your family, Sandy. I hope it was a wonderful event.

Bert: I'll be thinking of you...I so hope the procedure is successful.

AT: I hope you found some joy in your miles. Sorry you are not feeling well.

Gatsby: I love love love running in storms!

Harrier: you are a lucky guy.

Warden: that is an awesome running buddy...I'll bet he does not care that it is muddy.

Queen: great sky.

I power hiked for about two hours with so.e running interspersed. It was a beautiful day. First sandal run....welllll...mostly hike of 2020. Tomorrow I plan to go for a more structured run/hike...hopefully by myself. I like having company as I did today...but runs by myself are often better.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

So, after my rainy run this morning, it's been sunny all afternoon.  

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

While Devan was getting married, I was running in circles, 47 miles worth in 12 hours, 5 minutes to spare.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

NorthernHarrier

Crap George, that's a good day!  Throw some hills in and you're more than ready for Rae Lakes.

So while I was up at my shack I took a hard look around and tried to figure where all my stuff from a 4 bdrm house will go.  We're gonna have to get real serious about this downsizing stuff. It will be mid April so a little time but.....

Got $275 from REI. As soon as they send out their 20% off note I'll have to order some new trekker poles since I... um need to replace mine. And I don't want to talk about it.  Might apply the rest towards a Garmin inreach mini. We'll see.

Up late and hydrating with bourbon and I'll try to get up real early heading to central Ill. for 20 miles of trails. Damn clocks have to change tonight, er!

Sandy-2

Thanks everyone.

tbd.

moonlightrunner

Sandy! Beautiful bride and beautiful horse! Congratulations!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Of course she’s on a horse...beautiful picture.....no wait....did she marry a horse?  You never know these days....may be legal in Texas.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Sandy - great picture. Congratulations on gaining another son.

Sue - lying down on the volunteer job again.

George - Way to Go.  Nice total for you. Is that a 12hr PR?

FYI - Some Avatars are missing from a few of you (Jamie, NH, George, Gatsby).  Not sure if it has anything to do with recent issues connecting tot he RA site.

DW and did a sun and water run. Beautiful morning here, so did the first part on a ridge in full sun and then into the woods along Mountain Creek. Slow going along the creek due to many blow-downs. This trail is used for Ironmasters in a few weeks, so I e-mailed the RD to let her know that they need some chainsaw work. We finished up back on the ridge and it was really warming up. Supported hit upper 60's tomorrow.

Jamie and I ran along here a few years ago. It's around mile 13 of Ironmasters Course.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Great photos everyone!

Sue- please take it easy, hate to see anyone over worked 

George- looks like you'll be good to go for Rae Lakes Smile

took DW out to a fancy restaurant last night- we had a lot of fun and the food was terrific!  strength trained this morning, with lots of wiping down bars and weights!!!!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √