Trailer Trash

Turkey Week Tuesdaily (Read 37 times)

runtraildc

I've heard of substituting zucchini for apples in pie, but never grapes.  A grape pie sounds way more appealing than a zucchini pie.  I'll have to try this.  Thanks!

I've heard of 'mock' apple pie using green tomatoes.  Wouldn't zucchini have a completely different texture?  Might have to try the grapes soon.  Sounds good to me, too.

Watoni

Palm Desert, CA.? That's close enough to Joshua Tree NP to hit a few miles. It might be an hour drive? Worth it though.

Yes, Palm Desert. If we rent a car I might be able to do that. It looks like the Art Smith trail near there could be good. The bump and grind trail looks like a good relatively quick workout but crowded ...

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I've heard of substituting zucchini for apples in pie, but never grapes.  A grape pie sounds way more appealing than a zucchini pie.  I'll have to try this.  Thanks!

Grapes should only be for wine, not pies!  Approve

Running is dumb.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Grape strudel is a Hungarian dish, it can be prepared sweet (with vanilla custard, raisins and cinnamon), or savory (with sauerkraut, nutmeg and juniper). I haven't had this in ages, maybe I'll make it these days and see how the family likes it. It's one of my favorites!

Run for fun.