Trailer Trash

Throbbing Thursday (Read 10 times)

LB2

My arm is still wasted from last Thursday's pop. I think it is a sprained tendon or ligament. I didn't do it any favors by building some raised planters for my eventual spring garden. It has been super cold for us in Louisiana. I think it got down to 15 night before last. I have been a whole lot colder than that, but the road crews aren't set up for ice down here, not even the little bit we had.

QOTD: Do you garden in the spring? If so, what do you grow?

I have only done one garden in the past, but I plan to grow squash, tomatoes, cucumbers, and maybe some snap beans this year.

LB2

Ouch on the arm, LB!

45+ min of core/ST after work yesterday.  I bought a set of Kettle Gryps after seeing them on a Youtube video I was watching about building a home gym.  Used them yesterday for the first time and I really like them.  They turn dumbbells into kettlebells.

This a.m. it was 5 predawn miles with 4 x 30 sec strides.  Today was my last day of prednisone for the bursa.  I'm still feeling it a bit, so I think I'm gonna have to get in touch with my ortho and see what the next step is.  It doesn't bother me running, but I can tell I'm not going to be able to ride my bike.

QOTD: I don't have room for a garden, so all I plant are 2 cherry tomato plants, and the last 2 years we haven't had enough sun/heat for them to do very well even though I redneck hothouse them and they're on the side of the house that gets all the sun.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Sandy-2

5 mi on a loop I typically do, nothing special. 

qotd: No. We buy a few basil plants and keep them for a while until they burn up in the summers here. 

tbd.

runtraildc

Good afternoon, trailers. Lazy runner here. Yesterday we got out for a short 2 mile walk. Lots of ice (and salt, which chowder doesn't like, understandably). Today has been zero so far, but I'll head out in an hour or so for 3-4, depending on the conditions. We're supposed to get another couple of inches early tomorrow, which just adds to the issues. Mainly ice.

qotd: Hmm, might be easier to ask what I don't grow. We have vegetables and fruit (hopefully a pomegranate this year) in our driveway (which cannot fit a car, so I built raised beds on the old concrete. I have a 10x20 plot in a community garden in rock creek, growing mostly tomatoes, beets, peppers and raspberries. I also have flowers, plus a shade garden. DH asked for a grape trellis, and we harvested a lot this last year.  I'll start seedlings in the basement soon. I need to get a good head start on peppers.

XtremeTaper

Pretty nice today, upper 20's so packed up the dogs for a lunchtime jog at the lake. Snow covered trails, not very ice, so pretty decent, and easy enough for a slow 3 mile jog. Birdie is loving the trails, and I am pretty comfortable with her now off leash. She is doing great! Still, takes some getting use to having 2 dogs out there again.

QOTD. Well, our gardens are mostly perennials, flowers. We do have a small plot for vegetables. Last year we did a lot of green beans. My wife spaced out the planting so we had them all summer. A few tomatoes, peppers, herbs, and such. Planted a row of asparagus last year but I read that takes a few years to get a crop so we will see how that goes.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

dhuffman63

Trails

qotd: I used to have a very large garden but work and then I got sick and I quit growing anything. The house we are buying has a raised bed type thing and once I can get the dimensions and prepare the soil i'll have a smallish garden.  Cherry tomatoes, peas, lettuce and some spinach, maybe a couple other items depending on space.  The house we live at now I have 2 apple trees and since we aren't selling it I'll still have apples. I'd like to grow some melons but have to worry about the dogs running them over.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Lets see, 4 miles yesterday and today.  Was about -10 this morning, but got a couple of degrees above 0 so hit the trails w/ TE.  Should have brought snowshoes, snow is 10-12"-ish deep.

qotd: no garden; DW has a small herb "garden" on the north side of the house in the summer, but no veggies.

The other day Tiny Elvis out for the first time in 5 days, just a wee bit excited

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

With more snow due tomorrow, I threw in an interval workout today, 8 x 300m. Total 7.1 miles for the day with warm up and cool down.

QOTD:  No garden now, but when I owned a house and had plenty of backyard space, we had a garden with tomatoes, zucchini, carrots, basil, rosemary, green beans, not sure what else.  Also had a couple blueberry bushes but was never able to get much of a harvest.  We finally discovered that our beagle was eating the berries off the bushes before we could pick them.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.