Trailer Trash

Too cold Thursdaily (Read 13 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

we only got up to -17 yesterday, so an easy decision to hit the dreadmill again- 4 miles playing with the incline back and forth

ditto for today

qotd: real tree or artificial or no tree?  I just like the smell of a real tree and going out to get it, I will say artificial trees have come a long ways in the looks department from 20 years ago

a little Holiday cheer from Tiny Elvis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCw5G3ZCoD0

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

50 min of core/ST after work yesterday, and 4 EZ miles this morning.

Gatsby - I like the amount of time allowed for Oregon Cascades - 32 hrs 1 min 18 secs. 

QOTD: When we got trees, they were real. Haven't had a Christmas tree in over 10 years.  We stopped getting them when we two of our cats we had until last year loved to spray things, the Christmas tree being one of those things. 

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

XtremeTaper

4 miles late afternoon yesterday on the trails of Coventry Woods with Baker. Just did an out back twisting down to the lake and then up the hill and back down on the orange trail. A bit of a slog. Felt colder that it was for some reason. Frigid fingers by the end.

This morning, wogged Baker for just 2 miles through the hood before breakfast. A bit of exercise before the foul weather moved in. Sleet, rain today through the night. A high of 50 later but the bottom drops out tomorrow afternoon. Single digits. That would feel balmy to you Warden!

QOTD: Artificial tree. Buckeye themed, silver and red, with Ohio State ornaments and such.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Wet Thursday here, but I found a break this morning and got in just under 4. It was just damp when I left the house, light rain started about a mile in. Not terrible, for sure. Felt good to get out as I did not think a run was going to happen today. And I skipped yesterday

qotd: None, unless you count the 10" ceramic tree I made in 1978, But even that's not lit since I decided it should be rewired before it burns down the house.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

4 miles this morning and crap it was f-ing hard...wth I am digressing! Plus 3 Mile walk with Jack.  

qotd:  I prefer real but haven't had real in awhile.   I had a 1950 silver tree I liked but lost it in the moves so I just bought a $30 5 feet tree from target.  Besides for me it's all about the lights and tincle....multi color lights.

watden: Thank Tiny E for the greetings and man that is frogging cold!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

About to hit 5 to 7.

QOTD: I prefer fake, but I have both.

LB2

Sandy-2

Wow, TE’s voice is much lower than expected!! 

We went downtown to the amazing Kenny & Ziggy New York Jewish deli to get the Nova Lox for our traditional Christmas Eve bagel & lox dinner, the stuff is the best just like in NYC. We had lunch and also picked up some matzo ball soup (it’s also amazing).

Then in late afternoon I ran 5 miles. Temps were dropping all day so by the time I got out it was about 29°, felt great.  It’s still dropping and going down to 18° tonight (mt would be sunbathing in such toasty weather). The above mentioned matzo ball soup afterwards was great.

qotd: always have a real tree, but this year we aren’t putting up a tree at all. We’re being lazy this year.

XT: One of my running buds down here is an Ohio State alum, so he’s also crazy about the Buckeyes.

tbd.