Trailer Trash

Wake up Wednesdaily (Read 23 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

100 miler in September- Wow!  You will be the Queen and us just your loyal subjects to boss around 

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

dhuff - no worries, please stick around after all this is the “Trailer Trash”. The group I run with have a saying...  a mile’s a mile. Which mean it still counts if you walk.

wc - hope everything works out with the a-fib. My running bud has it and eventually had a pacemaker put in. He’s also on a blood thinner.  He’s going slower these days but still running.

QoN - 100!!!!!  Has the countdown clock hit zero?

tbd.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Warden:  I think I will be doing my first 100 09/22.  I think that is in my deck of cards.  Seems you and Al are nice guys because everyone seems to want to run with you too..and I know Tim and Jess are awesome so I will definitely be attending next years get together!!

Queenie's doing her first hundo!  Which one?  And hell, let's start planning for 2019 already, because I need to meet Mike and Tim and Sue and...

Running is dumb.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

WC - Glad to hear about the diagnosis and I hope the treatment works out.

Sue - 100?!?!       Also, that's crazy what the fires did.  Hope you stay clear.

dhuffman - What everyone else said. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I am at 39...but the race director told me she was pretty confident I would get in...so no in yet.

dhuff - no worries, please stick around after all this is the “Trailer Trash”. The group I run with have a saying...  a mile’s a mile. Which mean it still counts if you walk.

wc - hope everything works out with the a-fib. My running bud has it and eventually had a pacemaker put in. He’s also on a blood thinner.  He’s going slower these days but still running.

QoN - 100!!!!!  Has the countdown clock hit zero?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

12.2 miles on a real trail. First time on a trail since........................sometime in May I think . Well other then taking the mtn bike out a few times that is.   DW had a friend from work that likes doing some hiking and has been hiking small parts of the AT. She wanted us to show her and some friends where we go sometimes so I took them to the Peter's Mountain section. They hiked, I ran, jogged, shuffled, hobbled and walked through it.  I'll be sore tomorrow.  Met one hiker. A 70 year old doing a through hike going north.  He plans to go to Delaware Water Gap then flip flop up to Katadin and finish coming south to avoid the cold NE weather.

dhuff -  Shhhhhh........................quit giving our secrets away. We just want people to think we run .  (it's been many, many moons since I last ran more then 6 miles without a walk break)

XT - Welcome back from Iceland.

wc - Sorry to hear about the A-Fib.  It's actually really common. Sounds like you might have a good Doctor that will understand your running.  Most don't.

QOTD:  Too little, way too little.   I probably average about 6-6 1/2 hours a day.  Most of the times I get around 8 hours it's broken up into at least two segments.  The way I'm feeling now I'm thinking tonight will be around 9 hours though.  Sometimes I just need those  long naps.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I probably missed it, which 100?

Mandy- for 2019 I’d certainly volunteer as a guide for Montana- a plethora of good adventure runs

but I’d also be up for something else as well, it’s been a long time since my R2R2R and would certainly do it again

I had planned a traverse of Zion a couple of years ago, but fractured my heel and never made- another option

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Mountains Lakes 100  and Mandy my ass!!! You mean Mandy and Sue...I plan on doing some traveling soon!

Mandy- for 2019 I’d certainly volunteer as a guide for Montana- a plethora of good adventure runs

but I’d also be up for something else as well, it’s been a long time since my R2R2R and would certainly do it again

I had planned a traverse of Zion a couple of years ago, but fractured my heel and never made- another option

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

Wow nothing like sleeping your life away

I try for 6 but happy with 4 or 5

Sleep has never been easy for me, before running it was 3 or 4 tops

rain day. Make up for it tomorrow

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Still smoking here,  no end in sight for any of us , no rain forecast . I went up to 10,000' to try and get above it and it wasn't much better . I haven't run much in the last two weeks . I did offer to pace a Canadian runner for a short section of the Tahoe 200 in a few weeks .

Sue it sounds like you might get in !

NorthernHarrier

Great interval session last night despite those aggressive tiny mosquitoes and heading to Blue Mounds shortly for 10. Personally, I am real tired of summer and these temps. Bring on fall please.

For 2019 I seem to recall a certain regular poster with a cabin not all that far from Devils Path in N.Y.(hint, hint) 

dhuff--never any dishonor in walking. Please stick around.

Warden--One of my great epic runs was in Zion running the Wildcat canyon to the West Rim and down to the Grotto.It was somewhere around 20.  Pretty damn awesome. Looks like some cool stuff on the east side too but also as far as I can see a lot of just high sage desert.

QOTD- I need 7-8. Impossible for me to sleep beyond 8 though.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

For 2019 I would veto Zion (just went), always up for a Grand Canyon adventure, but physically couldn't handle R2R2R in my advanced age, and give two thumbs up to Montana or Upstate NY.  I've never been to the New England area either.  New Hampshire/The Whites?  Maine?  If anyone remembers Mainegal and/or SpreT, I could talk them into coming out East somewhere.  We're still in touch.

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Grand Canyon- if we did it in the fall, with a little planning/driving we could do a R2R, can't in the spring as the North Rim road is closed (snow)

I have at least a half dozen "epic" runs mapped out in Montana- from Yellowstone to Glacier (and points in between); one is about 50 miles with an option to rent a forest service cabin about halfway and do it in two days which might be pretty cool

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I am at 39...but the race director told me she was pretty confident I would get in...so no in yet.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday