Trailer Trash

Middle Wednesday (Read 13 times)

runtraildc

Hi all- just reporting that I did in fact run last night. 4 easy miles. Perfect running weather. I don’t know what in store for later. I need to work on a couple projects after work. And we have my in-laws arriving tomorrow for a week long visit. So, cleaning. 

Qotd- how’s your house/apartment? Perfect shape? Or needs some work? Our house is nearing 90 years old so that might say enough, but we have some big jobs that need to get done this year. New water main and some indoor plumbing lines to be replaced. The kitchen is also next on the list- new cabinets, counters and a vent installed. I think that’s my fall project. But with all that, it is a well built house.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Well spent a couple of days taking advantage of our Spring bear hunting season; had a great time, but was surprised by the lack of sign and sightings.  Was going to be a three day/two night trip, but ended up calling it at only two days (two long days though).  Ended up right at 20 miles with a lot climbing/descending and a short (but sucky) stretch of postholing.  Weather ended up everything from full sunshine to rain/snow.

Going to get out with TE for a short one sometime today.

qotd:  house is pretty good (built 2010), but we're getting it repainted this summer (found out that's expensive ), we're also having new countertops put in the kitchen (found out that's spendy too!).

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

5 miles out at the lake last night with Baker. Pretty swell weather. Haha. Sunny and mild. Pretty quiet out there for such a nice evening. Added a few running intervals (or it felt like it) into my usual jogging. Today, either day off or short run on the local trail. The lawn needs another mowing tonight.

QOTD: House is in decent shape. It's 30 years old. I'd like to say it's paid off but we did major improvements so still owe some dollars. We are way above water though. Roof should be good for another 15-20 years, just had the heat part of HVAC system replaced and new wall oven this year. Pool was retiled 2.5 years ago. Next big expense will probably be the AC part of the HVAC but hopefully a few more years of that. Could use new flooring in dining room and living room plus new driveway top coat. That crap adds up. It's sticker shock now for all these items compared to 10 years ago.

Runtrail - Sending you my phone/email in case we can manage a dog FE next week. Nailing down a time might get tricky. We are in town Sun afternoon through Wed morning.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

7 predawn miles with 3 x 1 mile . . . strides??? They were supposed to be run faster than the other miles with 2 min of rest in between, so whatever those would be called.  They weren't as fast as I had hoped they'd be, but they're a good benchmark to look back at in a couple of months.  Then at lunch, I went on a 2.5 mile walk with a former co-worker.  I'm 5'8', she barely cracks 5'0".  Needless to say, while she's huffing and puffing, I'm barely above a saunter. 

Dhuff - You don't have to run to post here.  Look at Mt

QOTD: We had our house painted during Covid - an experience I will never ever repeat with that painter, and about a year before had a sliding sidewalk issue fixed. So the outside's in good shape.  Inside, we need some shoddy drywall taping fixed on the ceiling, I'd love to repaint our bedroom, bathroom, and office, and we need the carpet replaced in our bedroom and the living room (???!).  The drywall repair and carpet - we need to figure out how to pay for that before The Hub retires in a couple of years.  There are other updates I'd love to do, but I don't think it's in the cards financially.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Dhuff - You don't have to run to post here.  Look at Mt

yeah- it's been 4-5 years since I've run a lick 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

7.2 miles with hill repeats over lunch.  I forgot about a post-lunch meeting but fortunately I made it back and checked my work computer 5 minutes before the meeting started. Whew.

QOTD: We've got a two-story deck on the back of the house that needs to be replaced.  We've had a couple contractors look at it, and both of them were surprised that it was still standing since it was not made properly with pressure treated wood over 20 years ago.    We're slowly getting the ball rolling on that project.  It'll be spendy but it's necessary.  After that's done, we'll tackle the back yard.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I am having knee issues...not inside the knee but the stuff (tendons) surrounding it.   Probably pushing the "long" runs getting ready for the "race" this weekend. So taking it a bit easy, 3.5 yesterday...usually a 2 mile dog walk everyday. 
                I am ready to become a hiker like Warden. 
                duffman:  Yes post any and every day

qotd Mon:  I have sooo many things planned in my head it embarrassing how little they come into fruition.  Mainly trying to get permits and failing.  

Qotd Tues: In 1992 we waited out Hurricane Andrew in GA before heading to Florida.  We traveled to the Keys and every campground and hotel were closed and not allowed to rent...but one let us stay and we were the only people there. 

qotd:  Yep...I am almost 2 years in my new place.  The house wasn't much but living on a small lake made it worth it.  The not quite ex came the first year fixing the drywall, painting rooms, new sinks and toilets.  Last summer he came and built an awesome wrap around deck.  Now he is heading back to change tub to tiled shower, put in outside walk ways, replace sliding door, veneer lower level with rock, and a half up of other stuff if he wants to.  I help him but it sure is nice to have the free labor.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄