Trailer Trash

Final Friday (Read 14 times)

LB2

Final Friday of January. I ran an easy, easy 5 miles this morning. I have a long run planned for the weekend, but I am worried about the weather. I'll run in the rain if it isn't lightning. If it is, I don't know what I'll do.

On a bad note, my cousin who is much older than me, probably 3rd cousin passed away at 2:30 this morning. At least it was in his sleep. He sure had 9 lives, though. He has had more accidents and health issues than just about anyone I know.

• Weird infection when working offshore as a cook that almost cost him his hand.
    • Fell out of a deer stand and ruptured his spleen. He spent the night in 20 degree weather until I found him the next afternoon.
    • Got run over on the highway.
    • Got lung cancer.
    • Was isolated for 9 days after Hurricane Ida with no running water or food. His goofy wife told my aunt she was going to Texas during the storm. We assumed he went with her. He didn't. She left him at home with a bunch of dogs, and no phone, in the house when he wasn't even in shape to take care of himself. So sad.
    • Got lung cancer again.

I am not sure if lung cancer got him or if it was something else.

QOTD: Weekend plans?

Shopping for a prom dress tomorrow after I run, and running on Sunday or funeral.

LB2

Dang, LB, you're right regarding your cousin having 9 lives.  I remember you mentioning that his wife had left him alone after Hurricane Ida.  Geez!

QOTD: Weekend plans?

Shopping for a prom dress tomorrow after I run . . .

Any particular color or style that looks good on you?? 

30 min of biking to nowhere this a.m.  I forgot to put on my biking shorts.  My repaired hammy does not easily forgive such stupidity.

I'll get in 30 min of core/ST after work.

QOTD: 10 EZ trail miles tomorrow.  Not supposed to do more than 1000 ft of elevation g/l, which means some back and forth out at Headwaters.  After that, we're gonna put a cover on our trailer.  Praying (1) for no wind, (2) that neither of us falls off the ladder, and (3) we don't get a divorce over this. 

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Sandy-2

LB, sorry to hear about your cousin.

I did an easy 5 mi this morning. Just one of my typical loops, it was nice and cool.

qotd: I think I’m gonna hit one of my farther-away trails this weekend.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

LB2- sounds like one tough bird!

A nice 5 miles (800') on the trail with DW and Tiny Elvis- light snow, we're supposed to get 8-12" of additional snow- needed as we went from above normal snow pack in early December, to slightly below now.

qotd: the usual- hit the trails both days, strength train on Sunday, Sunday supper w/ my 99 year old mother-in-law, watch some football

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

We've been having some cooler than normal weather but all I have to do is pull up my cameras from home to see two feet of snow along with the cold to know I'm good. No worries or complaints.  Had some good runs over the past couple days including an exploratory 6 miles yesterday which will give me more options when we're back here in November..More moutain biking possibilities too.

LB--after what he's been thru I think it's ok for the family to feel relief as part of the process. But condolences for the passing of family.

QOTD--hard enough to know it's the weekend when retired but harder yet when being a nomad. We do break camp here tomorrow and move south and a little inland for a few days. More exploring and then we'll be back at my favorite place(St.George island) for a couple weeks.

runtraildc

Oh, this has been an utter failure of a week, running-wise. Was going to run yesterday. Didn't happen. Had to drop DS off early this morning and was going to stop in Rock Creek and run with Chowder. Didn't happen. I'm giving up and taking a nap. I think it's recovery from my nursing stint that's dragging me down.

LB-- That certainly is 9 lives. I'm sorry for your loss. And good luck dress shopping Smile

NH- Did you see the lottery for Canyon de Chelly 2023 opens Feb 1?

qotd: Nothing concrete yet. I will run tomorrow with the coffee shop group. Really, I will.

NorthernHarrier

NH- Did you see the lottery for Canyon de Chelly 2023 opens Feb 1?

Shhhh! Keep it down. Too much competition as it is.   But yeah I did and thanks for the heads up anyway.  I am gonna try again as my DW rolls her eyes. Statistics was never my strong suit but are my odds better because I've entered numerous times in the past or is it just the same lousy odds for me as usual?   I'm also gonna enter the lottery for the wave around the same time and being the optimist try to put the two together for a worthwhile adventure.   Are you gonna roll the dice too?

runtraildc

You didn't see the full page ad in Outside then.   I am going to pass this year, most likely. The odds certainly are not in anyone's favor, but I have the Grand Canyon and phantom ranch scheduled for Dec and I don't think I could swing another fall trip out to AZ. Fingers crossed DS2 decides to stay in northern AZ for school. My hope then is that DH and I spend some extended time in Flagstaff so maybe 2024.

Shhhh! Keep it down. Too much competition as it is.   But yeah I did and thanks for the heads up anyway.  I am gonna try again as my DW rolls her eyes. Statistics was never my strong suit but are my odds better because I've entered numerous times in the past or is it just the same lousy odds for me as usual?   I'm also gonna enter the lottery for the wave around the same time and being the optimist try to put the two together for a worthwhile adventure.   Are you gonna roll the dice too?

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Never ran yesterday but did walk Jack 3 miles.  I am in the miles game again  so today when I walked Jack I also ran off and on so I am counting half that walk as a run.  So 3 mile walk run this am and then a 5 mike run at dusk.  I enjoy running into the dark. 

qotd yesterday: First thought was pavement and second was large rocks.  I encountered large rocks at wy'east Wonder 50 miler.  I was running with my friend Erin (AT was also there somewhere) when I fell onto the rocks hitting my shin.  The pain was so bad I almost cry.   My friend just keep running and I caught up with her about an hour later and tried to make her feel bad for abandoning me.  

qotd:  I will try to run 10 miles tomorrow ...that is big for ne.  Sunday the girls and I are going skiing. 

LB:  Your daughter is actually letting you come to shop for a dress!!!  When I worked retail I always wonder why woman brought men shopping...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄