Trailer Trash

Wish it were Fall Wednesdaily (Read 15 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Going to break record highs here, sounds like much of the West as well   Smoke is still here, but fortunately it's tolerable.

5 miles (1100') with DW and Tiny Elvis.

Starting to get ready to help a buddy's father-in-law with a sheep hunt- he's going to try and take one with his bow, the 15th he can start using a rifle.  Getting a bighorn with a bow is a very low percentage undertaking.  As it's generally a once in a lifetime opportunity, he'll most likely switch to a rifle if he doesn't get one with a bow this week.

qotd: reading/streaming?  I've been rereading Cormac McCarthy- finished Blood Meridian, finished All the Pretty Horses, finished the Crossing- all excellent (but not for everyone for sure) and just started Cities on the Plain.  We're streaming Only Murders in the Building (Steve Martin and Martin Short)- it's pretty good 

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

URD today. I had an early meeting in BR this morning. It was a pretty good meeting, but the breakfast could have been better.

QOTD: Last night I finished at Stephen Coonts novel called "Cuba". I have had the book for years and tried to get into it several times to no avail. I finally got over the hump and could hardly put it down. I haven't come across anything I want to stream recently, probably haven't even turned on the television in the last 3 weeks.

LB2

After work yesterday, I got in 30 min of core/ST, and this morning it was 30 min of stat biking.

My cats are A-holes.  I'm not against them killing and eating whatever mice they find in the field across the road, but I am against them (1) trying to bring them in the house and/or (2) playing with torturing them 'til they die.  I rescued one from the backyard last evening, but found one dead there this morning.  No clue if it was the same mouse.

QOTD: Almost done with "Lit" by Mary Karr.  Read all 3 of her autobiographies (or, I guess, memoirs, although I don't know what the difference is): "The Liars' Club" (early childhood to teen years), "Cherry" (teen years to early 20's), and "Lit" (early 20's to sobriety).  I've really enjoyed them.  Read maybe the first 10 pages of her first book and knew I wanted to read all 3.

Not streaming anything, but we do have a boatload of Cash Cab episodes recorded.  Does that count?? 

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Sandy-2

Since I had stuff to do today, I got up early and did 5mi. Nice to run in the dark.  Although I did think about that horrific incident with Eliza Fletcher in Memphis.  I always keep an eye out for fellow runners when it’s dark (of course not in a creepy way). Give that guy the needle.

qotd: we watched Dark Winds and really liked it.

tbd.

XtremeTaper

I can't quite call it fall but only low 70's today with grey skies and a cool breeze. Ok, I will call it a taste of fall.

4 last night out at the lake. Baker back to his old self, leaving me in the dust. Maybe it was just the heat, but he is also on week 2 of the antibiotic protocol for potential tick disease. Will do some similar trail miles tonight, 5 or so out at the lake or CW.

QOTD: Recently we have finished Dark Winds, The Old Man, and now plowing through the Lincoln Lawyer. Seems there was something else in there too? I am also watching House of the Dragon but doing that in real time at the moment. LOL, picked up the book as well. It's a bit dry, and the show itself I believe starts towards the later stages of the book. It sort of reads like a brief historical accounting of a fake realm.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Got out for 4....and dog walk 1.5. 

qotd:  we watched Better Call Saul...liked it...Mije finished it while I was back packing so will watch end after he leaves.   Now watching Cleo....liked it at first but it's kinda goofy.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

I'd like to skip fall and go straight to winter.  Or at least go straight to November.  In September and October, we get hot gusty diablo winds, meaning peak fire season.  Things are already burning too close for comfort, including a couple friends' places outside Auburn, which are at risk from the Mosquito fire.

Warden, spectacular view!

Sandy, I've been thinking about Eliza Fletcher too.  Part of me wonders if the husband was involved.  But the rest of me is also very aware that random awful shit happens.

XT, great that the pup seems to be feeling better.

Had a routine check up yesterday and the doctor gave me the shingles vax, shot #1.  Holy hell.  Besides a sore arm, I had muscle aches and joint pains on my run this morning, so I cut it short at 6.5 miles.  And then shakes and chills started after I got home.  Took the morning off of work and stayed in bed.  I had similar stuff from the covid vax.  Shots and I do not to get along.  Can't want for shingles #2.  

QOTD: we're still watching Breaking Bad, but I think we might be close to the end (no spoilers!).  Will either watch Better Call Saul or West Wing after that.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR