Trailer Trash

First day of the week-daily (Read 12 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!

Spent the weekend in Bozeman—DW was looking for new skis (didn't find what she was looking for) and I attended a black bear hunting seminar, gentleman I wanted to meet up with.

Will hit the trails soon with TE.

qotd: do your own taxes? tax refund?  owe taxes?  screw taxes, let 'em try and catch me   We had someone do our taxes this year, had several things come up that weren't straight forward- have a small "business" now, wife inherited a money market account, etc.  We're getting a small refund from both state and federal, federal I knew we'd be getting a federal refund as we have a bunch taken out; state was a surprise as you can't take state taxes out on Social Security (and Montana is one of the few states that make you pay taxes on it ) and a 401k we're getting a dispersement on- same thing, won't take state taxes out.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Howdy folks.  I survived the Napa Valley 50k yesterday.  Oof, it was a tough day, with 7600' of vert and challenging trail conditions.  I posted a RR over in the Ultra group:

https://www.runningahead.com/groups/ultra/forum/Post/2466d2f03d3a469d8816f4d8edb64ba3#focus

Me at the summit of Mt. St. Helena, with traces of snow:

Going to take a few days off.  Have a sore foot, and I'm hoping rest will do the trick.

QOTD: We did our own taxes for many years, but a couple years ago, we had some complicated things and I didn't trust TurboTax (or myself) to get it right.  We've been using the accountant ever since.  It's reassuring to have a professional handle it, even if it isn't cheap.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

dhuffman63

Trails

Congrats Gatsby

My condolences for your lawyer friend Leslie.  That's not the news you like to hear.

qotd: Since we have a farm I use the CPA that I used to work for.  Reasonable rate and he gets me the best he can.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Congrats Gatsby!

Yeah- I wasn't overly impressed with Turbo Tax the few years I used; had a lot of trouble going back to different sections and looking at (or inputing) different things.

The only impressive thing was the price, we had to pay $500 to get our taxes done this year 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Howdy folks.  I survived the Napa Valley 50k yesterday.  Oof, it was a tough day, with 7600' of vert and challenging trail conditions.  I posted a RR over in the Ultra group:

https://www.runningahead.com/groups/ultra/forum/Post/2466d2f03d3a469d8816f4d8edb64ba3#focus

Me at the summit of Mt. St. Helena, with traces of snow:

Going to take a few days off.  Have a sore foot, and I'm hoping rest will do the trick.

QOTD: We did our own taxes for many years, but a couple years ago, we had some complicated things and I didn't trust TurboTax (or myself) to get it right.  We've been using the accountant ever since.  It's reassuring to have a professional handle it, even if it isn't cheap.

I certainly don't think of Napa Valley as having 7600 ft of elevation. Valleys are supposed to be flat.

QOTD:  Having been a tax preparer for a number of years, I do my own taxes using TurboTax.  I've always done them myself going all the way back to my first tax return for 1964.  I try to plan so my refund or tax due is less than $100, the closer to zero, the better.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

I've been around.  Doing short, EZ runs (3 miles) and lots of strength training and PT.  The PT is starting to make a difference, so I'm feeling positive.  Sitting is the main issue at this point, but supposedly sitting is the last thing to get better.  Last evening when I was doing my PT exercises I had a total brain fart and did exercises that were about 2 levels above what I've been doing.  All I can say is I'm thankful it was the evening because I immediately hit the ice and Advil afterward, and a good night's sleep gave things a change to settle down.  

Gatsby - 7600' in a 50k? Oofdah!  Hope the foot feels better soon.

QOTD: With The Hub's small business, we pay someone to do our taxes, and we pay a hefty sum, unfortunately.  But - I'd rather have someone do them who knows what they're doing than screw them up, especially since we have to pay quarterlies.  Soon, though, The Hub will be retiring, and then I'll figure out how to do them myself.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance