Trailer Trash

Fall Friday (Read 13 times)

LB2

I'll get out for 3 to 4 miles this morning. We have a cool front coming through tonight; we should wake up to the upper 40's or lower 50's on Saturday morning. It is about time we got some more cool weather. We had a "mini-snap" in late September, which is rare. After that, it turned back into August.

QOTD: Weekend plans:

Saturday: Short run. Pull a climbing stand out of the woods to move by my house. Deliver some pants I got for my dad. Move a deer feeder. Clear a shooting lane with my chain saw (May do some today.). I need to get things to where I can have wi-fi and shoot a deer from the pool area which has an elevated platform that is enclosed.

Sunday: Longer run (Long?).

LB2

Sandy-2

LB2, same weather over here, it's been really warm and humid lately.  My run after work yesterday was the absolute worst.  After having rained most of the day yesterday, the sun then started breaking thru. It got hot and created a moist steam bath - my glasses were fogging up it was so bad.  I went out for a 10 mile run, but took a bit of a shortcut and ended up doing 9, with a stop to refill the water bottle and a bit of a walk, the 9 miles took me the same time 10 would have under better conditions.

I'm going to ride the MTB (5 mi) and run (5 mi) brick after work today as well. It'll be about 90 deg, but not as humid.  Yuck.  But then we are supposed to cool down with the front, it might even be in the 50s on Sunday morning.  Looking forward to that.

qotd: DD is doing a horse ride pretty close by this weekend so I might swing by and crew for her. She doesn't need it at all, but it'll get me out of the house and it's always fun.  Plus I might be able to squeeze in a run on the horse trails.  DW and I may go out to dinner on Saturday, there's a spot that has a really nice outdoor area and as mentioned above the weather might be nice by then (we'd never go to that place during April thru Sept because it's too hot/humid even in the evenings).

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Nice weather here- local fires have been snuffed out by snow, temps in town 40-50’s highs, 30’s low- perfect!

3 miles (600’ )with the heavy pack yesterday after work; will get a short outing in after work today. DW and I going out for a fancy supper, our 40th is on Sunday Smile

qotd: headed to Missoula tomorrow morning to watch the Grizzlies play with my oldest DD and SIL. Bringing our bikes over, granddaughter has learned to bike.

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Nuthin' so far for me, but I'll get in about a half hour of core stuff after work.  I planned on getting up this morning, but after turning off my alarm, I slept soundly for another 1.5 hrs.

QOTD: 19 trail miles on tap for tomorrow, then 10 miles somewhere on Sunday.  We're actually might get some rain on Sunday, so I need to not be lazy, get up and get 'em done before it hits.  Intertwined with all that, I have a large transcription job I need to finish up.

I keep telling myself this, but I need to figure out how to market myself inside and outside our county for transcription jobs.  Our DA's office won't use me because the law office I work for does criminal work and they don't want to run up against a conflict of interest.  That sucks, because a friend who works in the DA's office said they send stuff out to be transcribed all the time.  I used to do a lot for the Public Defender's Office, but there was a big shake up there about 2 yrs ago and things basically dried up for me.  Anyway, if anyone has any brilliant ideas, I'm all ears.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

XtremeTaper

Hey, some sun last night and warm too for October. Baker and I did 4 out on the trail by the lake. Had my phone so snapped a few photos since the run was just a jog and finally some colors. Probably no run today unless I get a quick jog in the hood. We are hitting the road later for trip down south.

QOTD: Driving down to FL. Splitting into 2 segments. Plan is to get to southern VA tonight and finish up tomorrow.

Fall pics:

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Just got back from a vacation to the Finger Lakes.  We hit Piney Creek RT on the way up and Lechworth SP, Watkins Glen SP and Robert Treman SP while we were there.  Hiked over 30 miles, rode 50 and kayaked 4. Recover 2.0 is in swing.  1 year ago today, I walked 10 steps with my rollator for the first time after my paralysis. What a year it's been.

Jamie has Oil Creek 100 tomorrow.  He says he's undertrained after the whole family got COVID 2 months ago.  Told him Sue was counting on him finally getting his firs belt. I offered to crew, but he wants to go solo.

Hope everyone is well.

Gatsby, you made me wish I could go to Ireland. My brother has been hinting of another golf trip, but were trouble when we are together in the pubs.  Last time we were there together, we closed a pub in Lahinch and got scolded by our BnB owner for singing loudly when we came in late. Ah the good ole' days.

QOTD: Yesterday - we watch a lot of British TV.  I always say there are only 12 British actors as you see the same ones over and over again. Last Tango In Hallifax has stars from several other shows.  Broadchurch has been our favorite.

QOTD:  Recovering from vacation and going to a local October Festival at Pine Grove Furnace SP.  Plan is to hike 5-6 miles first and then hit festival for some food and early holiday shopping.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

What a long way you've come! 

I always say there are only 12 British actors as you see the same ones over and over again.

In one of the episodes of "Unforgotten", The Hub says, "See that guy? [An actor walking in the background of an office scene.]  He's walked by in a couple of shots when they're walking outside!" 

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance