Trailer Trash

Thursdaily (Read 17 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning (afternoon?) Trailers. 

6 miles (1800&rsquoWink with Tiny Elvis this morning; two good half hour climbs- solidly in the Zone 3 range on the climbs

qotd: are you familiar with Uphill Athlete?  It’s a book and site (lots of free info there).  Authored by Scott Johnston, Steve House and Kilian Jornet- pretty good stuff if you haven’t seen it.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

I ran 3 miles then hiked 1 mile. The one mile hike was in 13:22, which I consider to be fast for me on a hike. Maybe carrying all that crap around for 6 weeks during turkey season helped more than I thought. I did some core work, some dumbbell lunges, some shoulder shrugs with dumbbells, and swam another 5 laps. I plan to focus on running and hiking for the next several months. And after doing the weighted lunges this morning, I will definitely keep those in the regimen forever. If I am going to have a problem in a long run, it is most likely going to be with some cramping/straining on the inside of my quads/groin area. The lunges seem to have really put emphasis on that area.

QOTD: I am not familiar with Uphill Athlete at all.

LB2

Sandy-2

Slept in today, but when I woke up it was already getting warm, did 5 mi. It was 88 deg when I started. Felt sluggish.  The toe was fine.

qotd: not familiar maybe I’ll take a look so I have something to talk about when I see Kilian in Silverton next week. 

tbd.

XtremeTaper

Took a day off yesterday from running and just walked the dog in the hood, mowed the yard, swam some laps in the pool medley style. Wish I had a longer pool however. Then sat on the deck, had a beer(s), and played acey ducey with the missus.

Will run up at CW with Baker this evening since that was the plan last night.

QOTD: Never heard of that book/site. I am out of the loop on that sort of stuff.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

qotd: not familiar maybe I’ll take a look so I have something to talk about when I see Kilian in Silverton next week. 

30 min of EZ stationary biking this morning as I get back into the swing of things.  Still testing positive for CV, but at least I'm feeling better.  I also tried some core/ST, but lightheadedness said nope, not yet.  I'll try the core/ST tomorrow without a cardio workout beforehand.

QOTD: Never head of it, but if it'll make me a better uphill runner (okay, power hiker), I'm all for exploring the info.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

runtraildc

Hi all- been awol for a few days with no good reason. Back in MN helping my mom, who is getting new carpet in 2/3rds of her roomy house. Lots of end tables and tchotchkes to move and pack away before the work crew came. All this to say I haven’t been running. Except joined in on one of the local evening trail races last night. 7 miles and two falls. A little bruising amd some soreness today, but I’m fine.

qotd: nope, but will look it up

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Mon run day and very short walk with Jack.  

qotd:  nope!  

runtraildc:  good time to get your Mother to purge...my Mom saved so much....so much to get rid of and others to store while we review it.  🤷🏻‍♀️

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄