Trailer Trash

Tornadic Tuesday (Read 13 times)

LB2

I ran another 7.5 miles this morning. If we can survive the weather tonight, I plan to finish November with the exact same mileage as October at 150, which is right on schedule. We'll kick up to between 175 and 200 for December and probably 225 in January. Feeling good. Need to focus on stretching and continue working on the core.

QOTD: Are you watching or reading anything interesting right now?

I am watching "The Watcher". I have one more episode to watch today, and I will be finished with Season 1. The way they do some of this stuff annoys me. We may have to wait a year or more for the next season. By that time, I have often moved on... Anyway, I really like the show.

And I just finished "Dead to Me". I tried to watch Season 2 when it came out but just couldn't seem to get into it. Then, Season 3 came out, and I read that Christina Applegate was diagnosed with MS. I went back and tried Season 2 again and can't figure out why I couldn't get into it the first time. I really enjoyed it on the second try.

LB2

my DH loves Duluth.  I give him a $100 gift card for his birthday and another for Christmas. He thinks their underwear are the best thing every invented.

Well, if their underwear is anything like their commercials, they gotta be good!

Got in 4.14 miles this a.m. in very chilly conditions for us - 33 deg.  I thought I was gonna be overdressed, but I was actually very comfortable the whole time.  I'm colder right now in my office, which I'm trying to heat up, than I was running.

This is the first winter for our kitties that we adopted around this time last year.  I found Tucker trying drink out of the outside water dish that was frozen over.  He was highly confused. 

QOTD: Not watching anything in particular.  My regular shows are done for the season.

I recently finished "Small Sacrifices" by Ann Rule about a woman named Diane Downs who in 1987 shot her three young children and tried to blame it on a stranger.  To say this woman was loony tunes is a given.  Really good book

I'm started "The Perfect Horse" by Elizabeth Letts (. . . the remarkable story of the heroic rescue of priceless horses in the closing days of World War II), but after "Small Sacrifices", I needed a break from the serious stuff and last night started "About Your Father" by Peggy Rowe.  She's a modern day Erma Bombeck who had her first best seller at age 80.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

XtremeTaper

5 miles late afternoon yesterday at the lake. We did a few miles along the lake then branched over to the cedar loop as Baker likes that section. The mud and muck is back in some sections after a fall of mostly dry trail.

I had a wide open late morning on the work calendar so went out to Coventry Woods with Baker just before the lunch hour. Real nice day, chilly low 40's but no wind and the trails were in super shape. Many sections the leaves had mulched out and that is some of favorite trail conditions. Had a super good run, standard 6 mile out/back route, up and down the hills, that I often will do for tempo. Best time I've had the last few years is right around 61 minutes, typical good time is 64-66. Knocked it out of the park today in 59:35. Did not think I'd break an hour on this anytime soon so today was a surprise. Felt good the entire way. Fun stuff.

QOTD: Sort of a pause on shows. I watch too much football. Haha. We did start a cooking show on HBO Max called the "Big Brunch" which is sort of mindless but fun. Watch the Amazing Race too and this week they look to be in Iceland before the final.

In dog beers, I've only had one.