Trailer Trash

Welp, time for someone to start the Weekender (Read 18 times)

moonlightrunner

I hiked 12+ miles at a state park about an hour from home. I was annoyed because there were a lot of people...but it was a beautiful day for people to get out.

I am thinking of entering the virtual  race across Tennessee  as well. It will likely be all walking, but it is a reason to get out and about.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

LB2

More hiking this weekend. I didn't cover as much ground. Turkeys haven't yet really started back gobbling; should be any day now. I decided to stay until 10 this morning after I called up a young gobbler at 8. I saw a hen at 9:15 or so. I stood up at 10, and he stepped into an opening and looked at me like the fool I was for a split second before running down into a creek bottom. I made a hike around to get in front of him but never could get back to him. I am back to guiding tomorrow and Tuesday, so maybe I'll meet up again with him the last 5 days of the season. I have truly enjoyed this year's spring turkey season and a break from running.

QOTD: I am in southeast Louisiana, about 40 miles north of Baton Rouge. Basically, I am in southwest Mississippi, but we are south of the state line. I hunted today, and I will hunt the next 7 days.

LB2