Trailer Trash

Bueller ….Bueller…….Bueller. What happened to weds Thursday? (Read 16 times)

Gator eye

Got a early 6 in this morning. Days off are really paying off.I was faster than a speeding bullet. Well maybe not that fast but fast for me. 

qotD: is it getting colder in your neck of the woods?

A nice cool 28 this morning for me. I see Queen has snow to run in already

XtremeTaper

The usual miles on the usual trails with Baker the past few days. The unusual thing is that I felt like I was running instead of slogging. Did 6 in chilly rain on Tuesday night on the hills of CW with Baker. Last night, a short 4 out at the lake on a crisp fall evening. Sun was out and so a few people out and about. Baker met up with his friend Willa so we had a few stops for a play date. Yes, my running is now about play dates for the dog. LOL.

QOTD: First frost here yesterday and a more substantial one this morning. I'd say it was upper 20's this morning. I need to get some warmer gloves for the morning dog walk.

Gator - Who da thunk not running is good for running?! Belated congrats on that 100 of yours in KY. I looked at that race one year, 50mi or 100k version but ended up taking a destination running vacation instead. You should try Massanutten VA some year if they ever run the thing again.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Good morning. Got back last night from a quick trip to Shenandoah NP. Other than rain (not in the forecast) on Tuesday, and my car doors freezing shut  and causing some momentary worry, it was a good trip. Too muddy and slick for any running (on my ankles), Chowder and I got in some good hikes, saw the sunrise from our cabin porch and encountered few people. Peak foliage-- very late this year. With all the rain the day before, the waterfalls were spectacular.

qotd: It's been a warm fall, but it dipped below 40 last night. No frost or freeze though.

Yesterday I ran 5 predawn, and even though my heel was bothering me afterward, it didn't hurt while running and the after pain was really bad.  I'm thinking this isn't PF, but what it is, I have no idea.

Today, I slept in.  I'll get a core/ST workout in after work.

QOTD: Not yet.  In fact, yesterday, it hit 74 here and it's gonna be close to 60 day.  I don't think we hit much above 70 all summer.  I've been told the storm weather we're experiencing is coming from Hawaii, hence the warmth, and starting next week things are supposed be cooling down.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Gator eye

XT - what race is in Massanutten?  We spent the rest of the week wandering around VA and WV. Found VA very friendly and the people easy to talk to. For some reason when we hit WVa people were a little less friendly. Not sure why. Still friendlier than MI. Would like to hit Mannassis And Fredricksburg area next time.

on a side note: Fricken Truck drivers are out of control on the freeways in those states. Almost got wiped out a couple of times. I am now in favor of self driving truck on freeways, has to be safer can’t see it being any worse.

LB2

I haven't run since Sunday. Spending the first couple of hours of the morning looking for deer. I'll pick things back up on Saturday. The veteran/youth hunt week ends tomorrow. I am in no rush to get another deer. I have already met my top goal of getting a racked buck. I'll probably wait until the actual rifle season starts before I shoot another one.

QOTD: It was damp and cool this morning, mid 40's.

LB2

XtremeTaper

XT - what race is in Massanutten?  We spent the rest of the week wandering around VA and WV. Found VA very friendly and the people easy to talk to. For some reason when we hit WVa people were a little less friendly. Not sure why. Still friendlier than MI. Would like to hit Mannassis And Fredricksburg area next time.

on a side note: Fricken Truck drivers are out of control on the freeways in those states. Almost got wiped out a couple of times. I am now in favor of self driving truck on freeways, has to be safer can’t see it being any worse.

Massanutten Mountrain trails. If you like the rocks and east coast mountains this one has plenty but gives you a break now and then. They have not held the race for a few years due to the pandemic but it looks like a go next year. Virginia Happy Trails Club runs the event. https://new.vhtrc.org/races

XtremeTaper

I haven't run since Sunday. Spending the first couple of hours of the morning looking for deer. I'll pick things back up on Saturday. The veteran/youth hunt week ends tomorrow. I am in no rush to get another deer. I have already met my top goal of getting a racked buck. I'll probably wait until the actual rifle season starts before I shoot another one.

QOTD: It was damp and cool this morning, mid 40's.

LB2 -  We don't have to look for deer up here by the lake. They just pop out on the brush in front of us on a regular basis. It's funny because other places they are not so numerous but the open space for the trails around the lake is a no hunt zone and the deer seem to know it.

LB2

Yes. It doesn't take long for them to figure it out. LOL.

LB2 -  We don't have to look for deer up here by the lake. They just pop out on the brush in front of us on a regular basis. It's funny because other places they are not so numerous but the open space for the trails around the lake is a no hunt zone and the deer seem to know it.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran this morning while Mom was at an eye appt.  uggh it was on a paved pAth... man is that soul sucking.  

wotd:  It's getting cold and yes..we had snow.  It was lovely being in the woods.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Another 5 mi today after work. Nice and cool 55 deg even in the afternoon. Since taking a few rest days I ran pretty quickly today, at least for me.  Another “run less go faster” experience I guess.

runtrail: great photos!

XT and LB2: yeah the deer here flock to the parks this time of year (hunting season). The other morning running in the dark I heard some snapping twigs in the woods and was playing the “deer or hog” game, of course I never saw them since they were running away.

qotd: some cooler days, lows the next few days are supposed to be in the low 40s. Yay!!!

tbd.