Trailer Trash

Not too late for the Tuesdaily (Read 11 times)

Hey trailers.  Jury duty was much ado about nothing.  I showed up, I waited around, and then I was dismissed.  At least it didn't waste the whole day.  Got in 6.7 miles earlier in the morning.  A wee bit of drizzle, but I doubt it's enough to actually water anything.

Fatozzig, from yesterday, we didn't tell the feed store about the moths in the seeds.  We figured that's what you get when you go cheap.

QOTD: Any new or different running shoes in your closet these days?  Or same old, same old kicks?  I broke out my new Trabuco Max trail shoes this morning.  I think LB gave them positive reviews a while back.  I'm a fan so far, good cushioning but not as bulky or boat-like as Hokas.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LB2

I lifted weights this morning. Looks like the horseflies have dissipated. I know that because they are replaced with flying freaking ants!!! They last a week or two, and after that, we should only have to deal with oppressive heat. So, we are making progress. I killed a bunch of them, but they seem to mostly spontaneously die over my pool. I'll be skimming them for a week or so. I swear it is like living in some kind of insect sanctuary down here.

Gatsby: A lot of times they settle the cases just in time to ruin your day. Glad you like those Asics; I sure do like them.

QOTD: I think the last piece of running gear I got was the Hoka Torrent II, which I purchased a couple of days after the Trabuco Max. I prefer the Asics to the Hoka's, but I alternate back and forth. I had one pair of Lone Peaks that I thought would get me through this spring and next, but they totally blew out on me in Oklahoma. I threw them away in the dumpster at the campground after we rescued a raccoon from the same dumpster.

LB2

LB re the insect sanctuary comment.

45 min of stat biking after Fat Chico woke me up around 3:30 wanting some food.  He had also woke me up at midnight. He didn't eat much either time, but I was just happy he was showing interest.  He ate a few treats last night, but barfed them up on the hearth at some point.  I found that out when I sat in it at midnight.

Off to the vet we went at 8:00 and we're treating the symptoms before we go into the expense of blood work.  It was still over $200 for the visit, a shot for nausea and appetite stimulant, a B12 shot for some energy, some fluids, and supplements for gut health.  When we got home, he went to his food bowl and ate a few more bites of kibble, so fingers crossed.  Poor old guy.  He's 18, so I know we don't have him for a whole lot longer, but still . . .

QOTD: I'm a weenie when it comes to trying new shoes.  Being injury prone, I'm always afraid I'm gonna end up injured.  That being said, I have a new pair of Brooks Cascades I'm gonna take out for a 5-mile trail test this weekend. 

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance