Trailer Trash

Finished Friday (Read 16 times)

LB2

I finally finished the porch project with the new lamenated beams. No one should ever have to change lamenated beams!!! That was a chore and not cheap. Finished painting yesterday, just in time for deer season. I am about to be out the door for at least 3 miles. I have already done most of my work for the day unless something unexpected happens.

QOTD: Weekend plans:

Hunt. Run. Repeat.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Happy hunting LB. Rifle season starts next weekend here in PA. I keep aware of it since many of the trails we run are game lands.

Knocked out a pretty spiffy 6 miles out at CW last night with Baker. Warm and short sleeve weather. May have even sweated. Knocked out the route just under 62 minutes which in the fast zone for me these days. Leaves me hope that I can break an hour on this route if I get in some true tempo or race mode. Well assuming the legs cooperate. I've been in a good stretch lately in regards to left leg creaky syndrome.

Might take a rest day today, or at most 3 or so on the road or local trail.

QOTD: Watch the Buckeyes tomorrow. One of 2 big games coming up. Well 1 of 3 big games perhaps. Sunday meeting my buddy and his dog for a run on the trails of Marsh Creek reservoir. Need to look into getting a new phone for the missus, and mattress shop. Yard needs a trim and need to do one last weeding session around the gardens/flower beds but might put that off for Black Friday.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Nuthin' for me again, but the honeymoon is over as of tomorrow.

QOTD: Besides getting my butt out the door and running after a week off, I don't know.  I need to get my hydrangea bushes trimmed and move my soaking wet succulents out of rain and frost range.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Had to work the entire week; boss kept saying but you have the entire week off next- and what’s your point? 

Got 4 miles in with TE Wednesday evening (headlamp mandatory) and strength trained yesterday after work. 

Will get a few miles in with Tiny Elvis this evening. 

qotd Thursday: I’m fully vaccinated and just received my booster (Wed); we’re federal contractors so the mandate applied- I think we’ll lose a couple of folks, they’ve had to show a negative test every three days, but have to be fully vaccinated by 1/4/22. Many who weren’t vaccinated begrudgingly got the shot to not lose their jobs, but I think a couple will lose their jobs shortly. Like everyone else, ready for things to go back to normal. 

qotd: watch the Grizzly- Cat game tomorrow (big time cross state rivalry), I think both teams are going to the playoffs, but the winner will get more home games (if they continue to win). Sunday I’m heading in for 3-4 days of chasing mule deer!

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Gator eye

Got 6 in this morning. Watched the lunar eclipse while doing it. Spent the miles on pavement so I could watch up instead of my feet. 

XT- Sorry for your loss during the football game tomorrow. Hope you didn’t put a lot of money on it. Lol

qoTD: run hunt repeat

LB2

Happy hunting LB. Rifle season starts next weekend here in PA. I keep aware of it since many of the trails we run are game lands.

QOTD: Watch the Buckeyes tomorrow. One of 2 big games coming up. Well 1 of 3 big games perhaps. Sunday meeting my buddy and his dog for a run on the trails of Marsh Creek reservoir. Need to look into getting a new phone for the missus, and mattress shop. Yard needs a trim and need to do one last weeding session around the gardens/flower beds but might put that off for Black Friday.

Thanks. And if you are in the market for a new mattress, check Zinus. I don't know what kind of money you want to spend on one, but we have a couple of them. They aren't expensive, and they are comfortable. I think we got ours from Amazon, but you can direct order from the company. I just refused to pay $1500 to $2000 for a mattress. My wife was worried about how long it would last. I told her if you got 4 years out of it we would be 5 mattresses and 20 years and still be ahead of some of these mattresses. I think we have had the one on our bed for about 5 years.

LB2

Sandy-2

Took another SRD today.  I actually took a nap this afternoon and then decided to not run. 

qotd: nothing planned I’ll run in the morning and then later myDD is coming by to get her phone transfer done. She wanted to wait until after her race last weekend to reduce the potential to mess up or scratch her new phone on the first weekend she had it. 

tbd.