Trailer Trash

Westward Wednesday (Read 16 times)

LB2

I did a 3.25 mile loop this morning, running the flats and downs and hiking the ups. I finished it in 33:35, which was pretty quick for the amount of walking, but the whole thing felt pretty smooth.

QOTD: How far do you live from where you grew up as a child?

About 7 miles as the crow flies. I titled this one "Westward Wednesday" because my oldest daughter is on her way back to Colorado. She moved to the Atlanta area a month ago, but it just didn't take. She got her old job back, packed her car back up, and hit the road about an hour ago. Anyway, I believe that most people from the South stay in the South. She was the last of the group from down here to leave Colorado, but she really loves it there. I doubt she will ever move back down here. Most of the people I know who moved away from their home area are from the East Coast, up North, or the Midwest, and it often sticks with them. Most folks I know from down here who did move tend to move back. I am not sure why that is because I can't think of a good reason not to leave here. LOL. It is so freaking hot.

LB2

runtraildc

Morning folks. Chowder and I got in a a couple of miles of walking this morning and that was enough. Storms are forecasted to move thru this afternoon and cooler weather is ahead. Hooray. I will jump on the rower later for a quick workout.

LB-- Good for your daughter for 1) taking the risk of a move and 2) recognizing it was not a good fit. Glad to hear she had the opportunity to return to CO and her job.

qotd: about 1,000 miles. Grew up in MN, but did school and work stints in OR, WA and AK before moving here. I would move back to MN in a heartbeat, as long as I had a mid-winter escape option. Most friends and family did not move away, then of those who had, most have returned to MN. Perhaps that's what it's like for most people and places. I want to move away from MD and DC. It's too darn hot here. I prefer cooler climes. Ideally with lakes or an ocean.

XtremeTaper

Probably take a day off from running today and just walk Baker this evening. We will see. A sweltering 5 up at the local trail yesterday at lunch. Heat typically does not bother me too much as long as I am in woods but I melted yesterday. Normally do a 6 mile loop de' loop up there but decided 2 miles in I was going to cut it short so it was just a matter of how short.

We had some rain last night but the humidity has not quite dropped. Tonight/tomorrow they say.

QOTD: About 400 miles west to where I grew up in Ohio.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

A 1.5 mile predawn walk/run this a.m. that I think was too long as the foot is a tad cranky (this PF can kiss my you-know-what ).  Then did about 45 min of core/ST, followed by stretching.

QOTD: 500 miles.  I grew up in Cambria, CA, on the central coast of CA.  Wonderful place to grow up.  It was a small quiet "hamlet" back then.  Now, all the wealthy people have moved there.  If I could afford a home there and wasn't growing to hate CA, I'd move back there in a heartbeat.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

5 miles yesterday after work, hill repeats on tap for this afternoon

QOTD: about 35 miles, although it takes about a hour to get there bc it’s on the other side of SF. My dad is still there and visit often. Hey, I could run that!  

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

5 miles (1100') early with Tiny Elvis.

Our heat wave appears it isn't going to break anytime soon   Looking back, we've had one day when it wasn't in the 90's (and even a few 100's) going on a month, the 10 day forecast shows straight 90's.  This is Montana- WTF?

qotd: Grew up in a very small town north of Syracuse, NY.  Went to college in Wyoming for a couple of years, met a kid there from northwest Montana who said he could get me a good paying job logging for the summer- that was 45 years ago 

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Slept in again today.  I hope to get a run or mtb ride in later if my todo list doesn't fill up my time.  Yesterday I did a 5 mi run early, a pretty good run but back into the 80s.

qutd: about 1600 miles (NY to TX).  We're going to move away from TX pretty soon, probably move to CO next.

LB2 - I fully agree with what runtrail said.

tbd.

LB2

LB2 - I fully agree with what runtrail said.

I do too.

LB2

dhuffman63

Trails

qotd:  LOL...I'm a military brat.  Born in TN, moved to CA, then NH, then spent from 8 to 22 in FL.  Joined the Army, stationed in Germany, moved to GA, TX then here in OK.  Been all over and never returned to anywhere I lived.  I'd go back to Germany though.

LB2

LB-- Good for your daughter for 1) taking the risk of a move and 2) recognizing it was not a good fit. Glad to hear she had the opportunity to return to CO and her job.

Thanks. I agree 100%.

LB2

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

First regular workout since June, 8 x .26 miles, total 6.5 miles

qotd:  750 miles; of us 5 living kids, I think I'm the closest except for one sister. She's in another Chicago suburb within 25 miles of where we grew up.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

2 Mile walk with Jack and 5 mile run....was one of those days where I was a runner again!  

Qotd:  right back home....moved to Cali for 37 years but moved back a year and half ago.  Mostly for family........really loved living in Northern California

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄