Trailer Trash

More Monday (Read 10 times)

LB2

I ran 2.5 miles this morning. It was cool and a little bit humid.

QOTD: Are you tired of hearing about anything in the news/media/pop culture?

YES:

1. Taylor Swift

2. Israel/Palestine

3. Joe Biden

4. Donald Trump

5. People's pronouns

LB2

XtremeTaper

Back home from FL. Long drive yesterday, 16:45 on the clock with stops for food/gas/dog walks, even with (or perhaps because of) a google reroute off I95 onto 301 north of Richmond. No run planned today. Need to catch up on yard stuff after work.

QOTD:

1. Trump

2. Speaker of the House dysfunction

3. LGBTQ (really I don't care, just sick of the term)

4. YouTube influencers

5. Inflation/recession

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

SRD today.  Got my flu & covid shots today.

Following the Big's Backyard Ultra World Championships?  They have been going for 55 hours and 229 miles so far.  Slow motion excitement I guess.....   Here's a link to the leaderboard.  You can also go to You Tube and search "backyard ultra world championship 2023 live", but you have to look for the read colored "live" label to see the latest video feed (but sometimes it's down and not working).

qotd: Just the whole djt stuff.

tbd.

runtraildc

Chowder and I got in 4.5 hilly miles in Rock Creek around lunch today. Despite it being perfect weather, it was very quiet out. I also stuck to the trails that see lower traffic, for the most part.

qotd: 1) Trump and 2) House dysfunction.

Hi, Folks - I'm back in the land of the living.  We were on vacation for a week, and then I had a lot of catching up to do at work and just didn't feel like being on the computer once I got home.

We took our trailer and spent a week at a nice little RV park about an 1.5 hrs outside of Grants Pass, OR, about 50 miles outside of Crater Lake in a little town, if you blink you'll miss it called Prospect.  We were there Oct 7-15.  It rained Mon-Wed, but we were nice and dry and it wasn't cold, although we went to up to Crater Lake Monday - cold and windy! - and Tuesday it snowed there.  Kinda wish we'd been there when it snowed.

October 14 was my race and I ended up DNF-ing - which for me meant did nothing fatal.  My hamstrings weren't cooperating, mostly the left, and I knew going in I had a 50/50 chance of not finishing, but I figured I'd at least start and see how far I could go.  Ends up 15.88 miles.  I just couldn't run enough, had the sweeps hot on my tail from the get-go, and about 20 minutes after leaving the 1st A/S, I stubbed my right toe, which caused me to kinda jerk my whole body, and the shockwave that went through my left hamstring left me breathless, and not in a good way.  I knew then it was over.  So I hot-footed it for awhile, then let the sweeps catch up with me and told them what was going on. Ended up having great conversation with the head sweep who was from Portland, OR, and knows my best bud and a number of other people I know from there, and sweeps a lot for Todd and Renee Janssen who own Go Beyond Racing.  I was bummed I couldn't finish, but it wasn't unexpected.

The worst part was having to wait an hour and a half at the finish for The Hub to come back.  A friend who was running the race had come up from Grants Pass and stayed the night with us, and we expected her to finished around 3:30, so he hadn't planned on going back to the start 'til around then.  There's no cell service up there, so I had no way of getting in touch with him, so I got to sit around and wait.  It sucked.  When he finally showed up, we went back to the RV park real quick (11 miles down the road) so I could put on some warmer clothes.  I had a short PO'd cry over the whole thing ("Why does this crap keep happening to me?" type of thing) and then I was over it.

Had a PT appt today to work on getting the hammies happy again, and also had him look at my shoulder, which is still bothering me from my fall mid-September.  Thankfully, he doesn't think anything is torn, just still soft tissue trauma.  I was really worried about that since I do a lot ofo typing for a living (I'm a paralegal) and I cannot afford to be off work for an extended period.

Anyway, so there you are.  I'm back.  Some pics of the Mighty Rogue River

May be an image of nature and waterfall

May be an image of body of water

May be an image of body of water and mountain

Mt. Thielsen

May be an image of nature, fog and road

The Pinnacles

No photo description available.

Just a big frickin' canyon on the way to the Pinnacles

No photo description available.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------