Trailer Trash

Make it a Monday!!! (Read 13 times)

LB2

Warden: Those pictures are unreal.

I have to be at a school early this morning, and I couldn't run before daybreak because I burned through what I thought was plenty of battery life on my headlamp last night searching for a big hog my nephew shot late yesterday evening. He must have missed it. But I need new batteries. My other nephew managed to shoot a small buck yesterday evening. It was a late night, so today is a rest day.

QOTD: Mileage for October?

I think it was about 110ish.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Nothing yet today. Will run out at the lake tonight. It looks like it will be a cool, dry, and breezy fall evening. A pair of 6 milers over the weekend. Weird weather. On/off rain but mostly dry. I did get caught out in showers yesterday but the rain was light and no big deal. Great colors out on the hills at Warwick park this Saturday. There is a section with an open meadow that looks up on the hills on the other side of French Creek. It was quite spectacular and the meadow was a mix of green and yellows as well. A woman was out hiking taking photos and Baker and I stopped to talk (and for him to be petted). She called the view florescent which fit the bill. Unfortunately I did not have my phone/camera.

QOTD: 107 miles jogged.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Nothing for me yet today, but I might get some core work in after work.

Yesterday afternoon, I started out for a scheduled 10 miler, but my heel hurt bad enough just walking a couple of minutes for a warm up that I turned around and went back home and road my stationary bike instead.  For an hour.  That's the longest I've sat on a bike seat in 4 years.  You know what's sore today? My love handles!  Whoda thunk!  Although it wasn't a run, it was a good workout and I didn't exacerbate my heel pain.

I iced, stretched, massaged the calves, etc., and bought a PF split that I wore last night and everything feels better today.  We'll see where I'm at tomorrow morning for my run.  I may end up back on the bike.

QOTD: 110.7

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

runtraildc

Hi all. Ran 5 on Saturday, raced 6 miles yesterday. Slowest 10k ever for me, but I was expecting that. Good morning out on the Bay Bridge. Now, my DH and brother have left and I have a messy house and apparently a broken dishwasher. Instead of addressing this, I  snagged a last minute reservation in Shenandoah NP and I'm heading there tomorrow. Will get some good hikes and runs in and back late Wednesday. The foliage is late this year so I hope to hit some fall color.

qotd: I don't know but I'm pretty sure it's the lowest month in years. Maybe even the past decade.

Sandy-2

I'm back. Been taking it easy with some skipped days last week.  Just needed a cutback week and I was also busy at work.  I did do 13 miles on Saturday and with all the rest it felt pretty good, plus it was in the upper 40's so I was happy.

mt: really nice photos.

LB: Aaaah the one that got away. . . .  but nice job getting the freezer stocked.

qotd: 193 miles.  Plus about 85 miles on the MTB, but that doesn't count except for the relay mileage game, those were like rest days.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Walked Jack 3 miles and then ran my first 4 miles in about 6 weeks....took run break to lipstick the new house.  Colors are beautiful and it kinda snow this morning....you no those soft beads ...not quite hail.

qotd:  well they would be walking miles but guessing about 80.  My farming watch uploads to farming connect on my iPad, which does not have internet so only does it occasionally...it loses miles... need to figure out how to upload to my phone .

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

dhuffman63

Trails

Sue, if you mean Garmin instead of farming...you can put the Connect app on your phone...I have an iPhone and installed the app and have a Garmin watch so every night I just upload to the Connect app on my phone.  I found it in the app store but not the Apple one.  Not sure where it is if you are android.