Trailer Trash

Thursday, June Thirst!! (Read 11 times)

LB2

Another beautiful morning this morning that felt like early April. Temps were in the mid-60's, and humidity was barely felt. I made the loop at about a 10:30 pace and jumped in the pool. We could use a little rain shower.

QOTD: How is the weather in your neck of the woods?

Dry and comfortable. Horseflies are still around, but I have seen them much worse.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Well we got stymied a little over half way in with high water; not unexpected as flows were pretty high and we had pretty significant rain Friday and Saturday (we got drenched on Saturday!) which further swelled already swollen rivers/creeks.  I got swept midday on Saturday- wet up to my neck, very pleasant 

Still a great trip and I think Tom and I might finish the second half sometime soon just to so we don't leave it half finished (flows are trending downward)

Been hitting the trails with TE the last couple of days, soreness is abating- but appears I'll be losing two toenails.

I'll get a short report up sometime today.

qotd: Pretty seasonable here, low 70's highs, low 50's low.  we are getting some decent precip and it looks like that continues for a week anyways.  We lost our snow here very quickly- a month ago the snowpack around the state was very close to 100% of normal, now the snowpack around the state is low to 0%   We're really going to need some good June precip to prevent bad wildfires with all the snow gone out of the mountains.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Welcome back, MT.  Glad you didn't get permanently swept away.

4 EZ miles this a.m.

Our cat, Sam, isn't feeling too hot.  He didn't eat much last night, wouldn't eat any breakfast, barfed a bit this morning.  This cat never refuses a chance to eat and you can basically set your watch by him, so hopefully he just ate a bad mouse and is better by this evening.  Otherwise, I'll have to try and get him to the vet tomorrow, which is a whole 'nother experience because he's a former half feral.  You have to drug him an hour before the appt, which is a challenge, and then that doesn't really work all that well. 

QOTD: Well, surprisingly, it's trying to be blue skies, but we've had almost nothing but overcast and dreary.  If it does clear up, it's windy and cold, which means it's heating up inland and drawing the fog in off the ocean.  Usually, we get our "summer" weather in late September / early to mid October.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Sandy-2

Did 3 easy miles this morning.

We’re flying to SLC this evening, spending the night there and then driving the 2.5 hrs up to Idaho tomorrow. Weather forecast looking good, lows about  52 and highs about 72, some clouds and just a slight chance of rain.

qotd: pretty hot and humid, but it’ll get hotter soon.

tbd.

XtremeTaper

4 miles last night out at the lake with Baker. We did an out/back section on the blue trail, a little more rugged but no meadows and ticks. Pretty much a slog of a run. I need a new hobby or stick to easier trails. Today, pretty warm so just did 4 solo up at the local trail.

QOTD: Sunny, mild for June, low humidity, cool nights, no rain. We are in 80's today, close to 90 tomorrow, then back to the 70's. The no humidity and no rain is a bit unusual for this time of year.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Hi trailers.  Back from Ireland.  It was warmer over there than it is here on the coast!  Glad that I took off today from work.  10.5 hours on a plane plus the other joys of air travel left me exhausted.  Easy 5.6 miles this morning.

Fatozzig, not sure if you knew that it was me who responded to your question about Troy's Trail Runs in the Ladies' TAUR group on FB?  I'm supportive of most RDs around here, but not Troy's.

Sandy, hope the travels go smoothly!  Have a good race this weekend.

QOTD: what Fatozzig said.

MTA: here are a couple pics from the marathon last weekend in Ballyvaughan on the west coast of Ireland .  My DH and sister did the 10k.  While climbing the hill in the first pic, I was chatting to a fellow runner who looked about 70-something.  He was the founder of the marathon club of Ireland and that race was his 621st marathon!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

we've got to get to Ireland some day soon 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Gatsby - Ha!  No, I didn't know that was you!   I'm not a diva when it comes to running, but it looked a little sparse on AS.  I was looking for a race in October that The Hub and I could also use as a "vacation destination" for taking our trailer.  I ended up picking Rogue Gorge 50K in Oregon, not very far from us, and a race a friend ran last year and is running again this year.  We found what looks like a nice little RV park not too far from Union City, OR, where the race start is.  We'll go up the weekend before and just chill for a week.

Ireland looks beautiful.

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Gatsby - Ha!  No, I didn't know that was you!   I'm not a diva when it comes to running, but it looked a little sparse on AS.  I was looking for a race in October that The Hub and I could also use as a "vacation destination" for taking our trailer.  I ended up picking Rogue Gorge 50K in Oregon, not very far from us, and a race a friend ran last year and is running again this year.  We found what looks like a nice little RV park not too far from Union City, OR, where the race start is.  We'll go up the weekend before and just chill for a week.

Ireland looks beautiful.

You might want to look into the Bizz Johnson 50K and Marathon in Susanville near Lassen Volcanic National Park

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

You might want to look into the Bizz Johnson 50K and Marathon in Susanville near Lassen Volcanic National Park

I ran the marathon a number of years ago.  One of my favorite finisher medals - a wooden train whistle, since it's a rails to trails trail.   I love that area, so I considered it, but was looking for something more challenging.

Leslie
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Ireland looks beautiful.

I really enjoyed Rogue Gorge 50k - stunning scenery, with the river, gorge, lava tubes, and fall foliage.  Good choice!  Much better than a Troy's Trail Run.  I think I'm not too picky or demanding when it comes to races, but my friend and I were both "never again" after doing one of his races in San Jose a few years ago.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR