Trailer Trash

Tuesdaily (Read 12 times)

Hey, All -

Yesterday I was in Zombieland all day.  Got maybe 3 hours of sleep Sunday.  Why? I don't know.  I've got myself into an insomnia circle that I need to get out of.

I was barely functioning by the time I got home, but I stayed awake enough to watch the game with The Hub, who was not happy about the outcome.  He hates Michigan, and the incident with Harbaugh didn't raise his opinion any.

I drank a little sumpin'-sumpin' that helped me sleep - some chocolate melatonin thing that you mix with warm milk so it's like a hot chocolate - and I feel MUCH better today.  I actually feel human!  Got out for a 4-mile predawn run right after the downpour stopped.  And instead of my usual "I need to walk part of this incline", I felt so good, I ran every single step of the run.  Maybe I need to drink that stuff every night!  Maybe it's giving me new super powers! 

I have a massage at 3:00 today.  More work on my irritated hamstrings.  One of these days those suckers are going to realize they need to just surrender and go along with the process.

Monday QOTD: The Hub watches the weather like a hawk because of his job (grounds maintenance), so we're always watching The Weather Channel on TV and on the computer.  It's pretty darn accurate.

QOTD: Any good movies lately?  We over the weekend, we watched "Cas & Dylan"' with Richard Dryfuss and "Yesterday".  Really liked both of them.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

runtraildc

I missed yesterday as we went hiking up by Harper's Ferry yesterday. Almost 5 miles along Maryland Heights (starts at HF, crosses the railroad bridge and up a steep incline to an overlook of the rivers confluence and town. I should have use that trail for Grand Canyon training, so although not quite as steep and definitely shorter, it was a good workout.  DS leaves for AZ tomorrow so DH took the day off. Stopped and picked up tacos on the way home. Good day.

Today is pouring rain and heavy winds to move in shortly. Probably just some yoga later.

qotd: No, not lately. Still working thru Ted Lasso, which I'm enjoying thoroughly.

dhuffman63

Trails

Monday we had rain all day, heavy at times, today we have 40 mph wind and snow. Cold as all get out.  My mom and brother live near Biloxi and got strong winds or a possible tornado as it took out my mom's plum tree. We're supposed to get more snow on Friday. I really hate winter. I'm sure whatever we get here will eventually make it's way east.

I really  hope you can get your hamstring issues taken care of Leslie.

XtremeTaper

I did a spin at the gym last night. My a$$ can only take 30 minutes on that thing. Plus a bit of strength stuff. It's nasty out today. I could have run at lunch, rain was not too bad yet, but was sort of busy. Will probably hit the gym again this evening, who knows, maybe plod a few miles on the TM. Egad.

QOTD: I haven't watched any new movies recently.

RunTrail - That's a good hike. Baker enjoyed the view. Lot more open now I suppose with the leaves gone.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Fatozzig, when you said you had a little sumpin’ sumpin’ I thought you meant the Lagunitas IPA of that name, but I know you don’t drink so I was confused.  I’m with your DH, I hate Michigan. 

6 miles in the rain today. Seems to be a lot of bad weather across the country today. 

QOTD: no movies here for a few months.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

Did 5 mi this morning. Felt pretty good.  We're between storms at the moment so today is very nice. Last evening we had all sorts of t-storms, rain, wind tornado warnings, etc.  We lost power about 5 times, but for no more than 45 minutes at a time.  Just annoying.

qptd: we saw the Barbie movie when our DD and SIL were here over New Years.  It wasn't too bad, I thought is was going to be a torture - but it wasn't.

tbd.