Trailer Trash

The Thursdaily (Read 15 times)

runtraildc

Morning trailers. Chowder and I got in a pre-dusk walk around the lake while DH fished yesterday. 4.5 miles and it was pretty quiet, and sunny. t. Today is still TBD, but it's turning cold here so better get out before that happens.

Sandy-- I see you figured out your reservations dilemma, and NH confirmed it. I hate that game, but it's the way it has to be played. At least we don't need to call in to a reservations phone number any more, if that makes it feel better. Smile  Now that you have it down, Beyonce tickets are presumably coming up on Ticketmaster soon.

qotd: Most memorable concert or show you've been to?  Probably David Bowie in the late 80s (yes, my college years and I am going WAY back). Or the Grateful Dead (BF was a fan) in Eugene OR in 1990. That was fun.

LB2

Five miles just before the rain started. It was damp and cool this morning.

Sandy: That Recreation.gov website sometimes makes me scratch my head. Right now, I am trying to figure out what we are going to do on our trip to Oklahoma this year. The Corps of Engineers' camp area opens on May 1st, but we will arrive on April 30th. The host there is pretty relaxed, but I don't know if we have the option to stay prior to May 1st, and if we can, I don't know who we would pay. I can't get anyone on the phone at the Corps, so I guess I'll keep trying or rent the vrbo I found nearby.

QOTD: That is a difficult question to answer because I have been to some great shows. Here are some of the best, in no particular order:

• Danzig (Mad Monk, Wilmington, NC, circa 1989)
      • Rage Against the Machine (New Orleans Lollapalooza, 1996).
      • LA Guns and Danger Danger (some bar in Winston-Salem, NC, circa 1989)-- This event was one of the craziest weekends of my life. 
      • Metal Church (Mad Monk, Wilmington, NC, circa 1988)
      • Corrosion of Conformity (Mad Monk, Wilmington, NC, multiple shows across a few years, 1988 to 1990).

LB2

Sandy-2

. . . .   Now that you have it down, Beyonce tickets are presumably coming up on Ticketmaster soon.  . . . . 

Thanks. That's funny, I was actually thinking along the same lines. 

I think I'm going to run later this afternoon, it'll probably be about 5 mi.

qotd: there are many, but two come to mind.

Neil Young at an all acoustic evening at a small place in New York, it was fantastic.

An all day/night festival with the Beach Boys, Joni Michell and CSNY in 1974 - it was held at Roosevelt Raceway, a horse race track on Long Island.  The CSNY set at the end was great and really the main reason we went.  I remember it because it was the largest concert I ever went to, about 80,000 people.  We were a few hundred feet from the stage, in the middle between the towers.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Our temps have moderated back to normal thankfully (highs mid 30's); will get out with TE shortly and the hit the trails for a few

qotd: memorable can be bad too right   we went to see Bob Dylan at a small venue (500-ish people) in Billings (~2005), unfortunately someone sold another 500 counterfeit tickets to unsuspected folks and no one caught the mistake until the next day, so 1000 people cramped into basically a elementary school with fold out (no back) seats (I'll admit the actual performance was good, but having knees pressed into you back for two hours takes away from that!)

in 2nd place was Neil Young at the University of Montana (~2010)- started out great- playing several songs with his acoustic guitar, he added a few members and broke out the electric guitar- each song got progressively louder and LOUDER and LOUDER- it got so bad we left (as did droves of others)- the next day in the paper was a review and they said the same thing that the sound crew had mucked it up big time!

another from yesterday

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

7 chilly, predawn miles this a.m. with a ladder workout once I'd cleared any potential climbing.  Hadn't done anything like that in years, so was pleasantly surprised that it went as well as it did.  I didn't run hard as I'm still testing the hammy, but I ran a bit over what I felt I could hold comfortably long term and was sufficiently gassed at the end of each one.

QOTD: Tough question!  Concerts at a couple of local small venues stand out the most, with KD Lang, Mary Chapin Carpenter, and Vince Gill jumping to the forefront of my brain. I took one of my dearest friends to Vince Gill, and her reaction the whole concert is what makes it stand out the most.  She was SO happy to be there!  Almost every song, she'd pat my arm, have this huge grin on her face, and say, "This is my favorite song!"  Her pure joy alone was worth the price of admission. 

Then KD Lang sang an absolute incredible version of "Hallelujah."  One of those times where I wished I could hit "repeat" and hear it again.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

XtremeTaper

A few short wogs with Baker and Rebel. 3 up at Coventry Woods yesterday late afternoon and 4 today out at the lake. Wish it would have stayed a bit colder today as the trails had just recently thawed from being crusty frozen so things were slick. Last full day of dog sitting unless my buddy has flight delays.

QOTD: Ones that come to mind are Blue Oyster Cult (Spectres tour 1978) and Ted Nugent/Golden Earring in 1977. Blue Oyster Cult was my favorite. Buck Dharma with killer guitar solos while laser beams flew through the arena at times looking like astral planes. So good. Nugent was as expected, loud (and I mean LOUD, ears rang for 2 days) and rocking. THe surprise was Golden Earring. Sure everyone knows Radar Love but they had a lot of great deep tracks like Vanilla Queen and their sound was so crisp and clean with dreamy guitar solos. I still listen to their live album from way back when now and then. That was my first real rock concert too.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

QOTD: Ones that come to mind are Blue Oyster Cult (Spectres tour 1978) and Ted Nugent/Golden Earring in 1977. Blue Oyster Cult was my favorite. Buck Dharma with killer guitar solos while laser beams flew through the arena at times looking like astral planes. So good. Nugent was as expected, loud (and I mean LOUD, ears rang for 2 days) and rocking. THe surprise was Golden Earring. Sure everyone knows Radar Love but they had a lot of great deep tracks like Vanilla Queen and their sound was so crisp and clean with dreamy guitar solos. I still listen to their live album from way back when now and then. That was my first real rock concert too.

Hell Yes!!!

LB2

Blue Oyster Cult was the first rock concert I went to - The Hub took me when we first started dating.  I couldn't hear for 2+ days.  I went home to visit my folks, mentioned I'd been to a concert - Blue Oyster Cult - and all my mom heard was "Cult."  She just knew this new guy in my life was leading to down a path of destruction! 

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance