Trailer Trash

Focused Friday!! (Read 13 times)

LB2

Happy Friday!! I have been up and working since 3:30 this morning. I love the enrollment process. Working in the program is therapeutic for me. It is one of the only times in my job when I can really look back and see that I have completed something; most of my stuff is ongoing. In a few minutes, I'll hit the trail for 7.5 miles. After that, it is back to work. I am hoping the rest of the day will be productive.

QOTD: Weekend plans?

Tonight, we have the lighting of the Christmas tree at the court house in town. We live about 7 miles east of town (Clinton, Louisiana). The new mayor in town is much better than the person who was mayor prior to him, and no, that wasn't me, different town. Although, I think he is a better mayor than I was in my town. He has that extra touch that I didn't have; I understand the finances and infrastructure issues, but he gets those things and the aesthetics. Of course, when I go back through my former town, I think maybe I got the aesthetics more than I thought. The place has gone to crap since we moved. Tomorrow morning, I'll hike into the woods to try to blast a pig. I don't hold out much hope. It is supposed to be a little warmer than I like it, low 60's. Sunday, probably a 15 mile run.

LB2

Yay, it's Friday!!

3 slow predawn miles in very chilly conditions - around 33.  I'm probably going to regret not covering up some plants last night.  Two if the front yard already looking iffy.  Probably should've been covering them the last two "freeze" alerts.  Oh well.

Yesterday's QOTD: 34.6 whopping running miles and a measly 25 miles of biking.  Winter is hurting my biking, for certain.

Todays' QOTD: Tomorrow is supposed to be a trail work day, although an email hasn't arrived.  I'll just show up at the appointed time.  I also have some transcription I need to get through, and will try to talk The Hub into going to Ferndale (about 20 min south of us) for their Christmas tree lighting.  Neither of us has had the energy or desire to drag Christmas decorations down from the attic.  Maybe I'll at least bring lights down to drape over my houseplants to try and make this somewhat cheery.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Queen of Nothing

Sue

3.8 walk with shack and then 5.3 run.  There is a girl's camp by the dirt road I run.  The maintenance  man rides  the road to get to work and is a chatty guy.  So he tells me the camp has trails I can use when camp is closed.  Finally remembered to head that way and really enjoying it.  

Qotd:  My sisters HS boyfriend is coming to town for his birthday so we are doing dinner out tonight, making dinner at home Saturday with a Christmas party to attend and dancing at a Irish pub.  Sunday I am doing a 20 mile hike with a new friend.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Got up and did 15 miles this morning.  7 running to the park, then walked 4 with a friend, then ran the last 4 again.  It was tough running those last 4 after walking. Legs were kinda stiffened up.

qotd: nothing special planned, except the HR lottery on Saturday (I figure I won’t get in since I only have 1 ticket).

tbd.

XtremeTaper

A brisk start to the day, low 20's for the morning dog walk but no wind. Decided on a lunchtime run today as it had warmed up to mid 30's so very pleasant for a December run. ~5 miles out at the lake with Baker. We ran into our friend Ash the black and white GSP. So we had a quick stop for a chase and greet, then we were on our way. My watch must be malfunctioning as loop time was 47:29 and typically I am in low to mid 50's for this route.

QOTD: Mildly pondering running a trail 15k race on Sunday. Dirty Bird at French Creek. The only downside would be missing a run with Baker. Not sure what else is up this weekend. Likely a quiet one other than normal errands and chores. No yard work at least!

Sandy - Your chances of getting into HR are infinitely better than mine!

Queen - Cool of having access to some trails. Sounds nice, quiet.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

well how about those Bills! 

strength train this morning; got another dump of snow last nigh so we might grab the skis (cross country skis) this afternoon

qotd: nothing too exciting; was hoping to watch the Grizzlies play North Dakota in the second round of the playoffs, but looks like it's only on ESPN+ 

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √