Trailer Trash

Tuesdaily (May 2) (Read 14 times)

XtremeTaper

Keep it simple today. No run yet, will get out after work assuming thinks stay quiet with the pager. I have not run the hills of Coventry Woods lately so plan to wander over there for 4-6 miles depending on the legs.

Last night, moved mulch in the cool weather. Had to take a short break for a quick cold rain squall but finished up the area around the pool.

Unseasonably cool and damp here for May. I think we get back to normal on Friday.

QOTD: Do see the family doc regularly?  Yes, every 6-9 months. Today was my lucky day. It used to be yearly but I guess she likes to see me. Sort of a fail today mostly with my cholesterol levels. Too much comfort food over the winter. I need to work on that.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

4 hilly miles with chowder this morning. Also chilly for this time of year. Not complaining, mind you.

qotd:  I’m terrible at regular doc appts. I’m way overdue ( but I’m very good about vision and dental check ups. )

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I’m back, I’m alive!  ~65 miles, 4 days, almost all of it on snowshoes- I’ll get some pics up soon. 

3 miles yesterday, 4 today with DW and Tiny Elvis- legs feeling better than anticipated 

qotd: I go twice a year. Have a new doc as my old one went into another position

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

45 min biking to nowhere.  I would've preferred a regular bike ride outside, but it's been raining off and on since last night.  After work, it'll be a core/ST session.

Been watching coverage of the Cocodona 250.  Warden, given your penchant for multi-day hikes . . .

QOTD: If by "regularly" you mean at least once a year, then yes.  An annual physical is the one thing my insurance is good for.  And dentist twice a year.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ I’ll have to check that out 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

6 miles yesterday, rest day today.  We had a major storm blow through over night but now it’s sunny. 

QOTD: yes, annual visits to gyn, primary care doc, and eye doc. Visits to dentist twice a year. Used to see a derm every year but she retired.  I need to get back on track with derm visits with my history of sun damage and pale skin.  

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

XtremeTaper

RunTrail - I will keep you in the loop when we finalize DC plans. It will be awesome to meet you and Chowder. Hopefully we can work it out.. looks like May 15, 16 right now.

Warden - Glad you made it out alive. You are a tuff mofu.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

Another SRD today, I'll run a little bit tomorrow.

mt: glad to have you back, I second XT's comment.

qotd: I'm good about going to the dentist twice a year and getting my eyes checked every two years or so, or when something isn't "looking" good.  I haven't seen our primary care doctor in a while (I did get some general labs checked at the office with the nurse practitioner about a year ago - all within normal ranges).  I should also see the dermatologist at some point because the sun is fairly strong down here and I also have pale skin.

tbd.