Trailer Trash

What's for supper weekender (Read 14 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Got 8 miles in yesterday w/ DW and Tiny Elvis- have boot packing, half snowshoeing; today 5 miles snowshoeing with Tiny Elvis

qotw: what's for supper (or lunch or breakfast)?  DW is going to make green chili pork, I think she's going to do it tostada style

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Warden, gorgeous scenery!  Any of those Chinese balloons checking you out?   

15 rainy miles today.  I was wrong in thinking that the ground would have dried out in the past two weeks.  Lots of standing water, mud, ponds, and flowing creeks.

QOTD: Probably omelettes with cheese and mushrooms.  One of those "things that need to be cleaned out the fridge" meals.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I ordered Chinese delivery and it cost me an arm & leg 

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Haha

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

So that explains the weather we've been having.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Friday went up to my little brothers.  He lives Nirth 1 1/2. Plan was to go to his property climb a hill, make a fire, eats snacks and drink Hennessey with Cocoa.  Coldest day of the year for us. 4 degrees and the lighter didn't work.  I'd like to post pictures but can't seem to know how on a iPhone (in case any does).  

Lazy Saturday...7 mike run today with partial sun.  Nice run. 

qotd: Lefts overs thought it was soup but happy to see it was chicken cacciatore

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

Balloon stuff is hilarious!!! LOL.

I ran 30 miles this morning in 6 hours. Everything felt pretty good. This is the last single, long run before the March 3rd race. I'll do b2b 4 to 5 hour runs next weekend. After that, it is just couple of weeks of gradually scaling things back.

QOTD: I don't know if I will eat supper tonight. I think I am going to take a nap. I ate a late lunch after my run.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

5 miles with TE and then strength trained this afternoon

nice view of the north end of the Big Belt Mtns

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Yesterday was trail work day.  I and about 24 others were on hand to start rehabbing a section of swamp trail.  About 12 or so youth from the Jr. Humboldt Mountain Bikers groups, as well as some parents/coaches were on hand to do their part.  The section we worked yesterday is to be part of a big jr.  mountain bike race in April.  One of the parents said they're expecting about 1000 kids from all over to show up, if everything comes together.

While a knowledgeable crew laid some kind of waterproof matting and gridding (I have no idea what the stuff is called) and staked it down with rebar, a large group of us, including the kids, were on digging detail.  I and a few others swung Pulaskis for 3 hrs loosening dirt and clay that the kids would then shovel into buckets and wheelbarrows and take to the area that was being rehabbed.  A lot more went on at that end than I'm aware of, but we all worked our butts off, and my forearms and back are yelling at me today.  I used muscles I didn't know existed!   As always, we were fed a great lunch at the end.

This is the start of where we were rehabbing.  That matting (plus more) was laid down between the embankment and the log . . .

May be an image of 3 people, outdoors and tree

The long section to the right is what was rehabbed.  People were then raking the organic material up against the logs for extra support.  Where the lady is bent over, most of that swamp is about ankle deep muck.

May be an image of 2 people, nature and tree

Some of the kids who were working their butts off.

May be an image of 7 people, people standing, outdoors and tree

Good food at the end.  The 2 people to the left with their backs to the camera, they cook for the monthly Saturday volunteer crew, as well as the weekly work crews.

May be an image of 7 people, people standing, outdoors and tree

May be an image of 4 people, people standing and outdoors

QOTD: The Hub made turkey bean (with white beans) soup yesterday and I made cornbread.  The soup was delicious yesterday and even better today.

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance