Trailer Trash

Freak Out Friday (Read 14 times)

LB2

7.5 miles this morning. Looking forward to a nice little hike on Saturday; quads are wasted after this week.

QOTD: Weekend Plans?

I'll hike around in the woods a little bit tomorrow. We are going to some sort of Christmas festival in Columbia, Mississippi Saturday night. Sunday will be about a 10 mile run. That is about it.

LB2

NorthernHarrier

Yesterday was no running but I did spend the afternoon on snowshoes in the Sylvania wilderness. I have to go in there every so often just to hang out in the groves of old growth white pine and hemlock. Peaceful and beyond beautiful. Also followed a very fresh wolf track in and based on my limited tracking skills it was not very far in front of me. The stride length was amazing, biggest spacing I have ever seen. On the one hand I would have liked to see it but on the other hand I'm glad I didn't.  Did get some rowing in last night while watching football.

Today will be some weights and maybe a little longer run on the bike path. Should be a nice day here.

So I tried to stage a photo last night by getting a roaring campfire going while waiting for the full moon to appear. You know, get the fire in the darkening sky while the early moon would be in the background. Looked good in real life but an utter failure for the camera. 

QOTD--nothing special. If you didn't say it was the weekend I would have no idea. Run, snowshoe, puttz around.

A little over 50 min of core/ST this a.m.  I can tell I haven't done any since late last week. 

Harrier - Where are the pics of the peaceful grove and wolf tracks??

QOTD: Tonight is our office Christmas party - first one since CV.  The Hub pretty much tolerates going only for the food.

I need to get a run in sometime tomorrow, hopefully between downpours, but we'll see.  And I have transcription and The Hub's invoices I need to get done, and since next week is our Week of Gluttony at work and Monday is my day to bring food, I need to make my superfood salad that I LOVE and either cookies or brownies.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

runtraildc

Morning trailers. Yesterday I did not run, but got in a long Chowder walk plus some strength work. My alarm was set for a pre-dawn run, but I turned it off. If I'm being honest, it probably won't happen today, but I will get in some kind of exercise.

NH-- I feel that way about wolves, too. I want to see them, but not really. I was listening recently to Rolf Petersen, who said that wolf attacks on humans are incredibly rare (now, being stalked by one, that's different ). I found that somewhat reassuring.

qotd: Nothing. I think I'm starting on holiday baking. peppermint bark and cranberry bliss cookies are on the top of the list. Still need to find dark chocolate hershey kisses for peanut blossoms.

XtremeTaper

Sun broke out here today and lunch hour was wide open on the work front so off Baker and I went to Coventry Woods for our 6 mile out/back run. Pretty decent run, did not crush it like last week but a good time. Lost of a bit of momentum on the back part especially after a sort of nasty fall less than a mile from the finish. Trail raspberries. Probably be sore tomorrow. Looks worse than it feels.

QOTD: Heading down tomorrow to white clay creek for a run with my buddy and the TrailDawgs. Celebrating a 70th birthday for one of the original dawgs with 7 miles on the trails. Not sure what else... Sunday looks like rain so probably a wet run and then some red zone.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

WC, good that no surgery is required for the bone chip. 

XT, ooof. 

Easy 4 miles today. 

QOTD: farmers market, library book sale, coffee, World Cup, help dad decorate for Christmas, chores around the house, watch it rain outside.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

I didn't run on Friday.  We bought a new bed, so of course that meant that I had to rearrange the beds in the house, does that count as strength training? The oldest beds were then taken away by the delivery guys as part of the delivery/takeaway deal.

wc: as I mentioned, my DD didn't have to get the chip in her foot removed either, I think the Doc said it would "shift around" and/or be absorbed over time. Glad to hear it's the same for you.

XT: Ouch!!!

qotd: not much DD and her DH are coming over for dinner Saturday night.

tbd.