Trailer Trash

Wild Wednesday (Read 13 times)

LB2

Ran a nice tempo 2.3 mile loop this morning in 20:25. That is tempo for me. After that I did some squats and resistance training, chest and arms. It feels good to run again. I covered about 80 miles hiking during April, but it sure felt good to run this morning.

QOTD: What is the most exciting wildlife encounter you have had lately?

I could write a book on that, but the most exciting thing I have seen recently was a very large rattlesnake in Alabama. He was five feet long, and it was like being in the presence of a king. I was in awe. As much time as I spend in the woods hunting, running, and hiking, you would think I would have seen many rattlers, but he was the first one I have ever seen.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Last night, 4.5 miles up on the hills of Coventry Woods with Baker. Still sort of cold for May but actually comfortable for running. I am just ready for some milder weather. Typically we do 5 or 6 out there on the route I took but I was not feeling it mid-run so cut it a bit short. Saw a nice wild azalea up on the top of the ridge where all the trails merge. Baker posed of course.

Today, probably just a short run at the local trail or lake.

QOTD: A pair of Eagles about a month ago running along the trails at White Clay Creek. Not sure if we were in PA or DE. Right near the border. The one eagle flew off across the river to go hunting while their partner stayed up high in the tree. So we had 2 nice eagle sightings.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

Did 3 easy miles this morning. Legs were pretty sluggish which was no surprise.

By the way, very glad they got that f’ed up gunman sort of near us. That was about 25 miles north of us. Sad that that kind of thing has to occupy our heads.

qotd:  Not too exciting but DD and I saw 2 snakes a month ago. One was some sort of black water snake in ankle-deep water we were going thru, we almost stepped on it, fortunately it wasn’t a water moccasin (we have a lot of them around here). The other snake we saw was a copperhead, we see them at least one a week here though.

tbd.

Nice posing by Baker. 

Gatsby- That storm rolled through here, too, and it's chilly. Has me worried about my race on the 20th given it's at elevation.  I've already decided that if it gets postponed again - or more likely canceled - I'm going to do my own FA at Prairie Creek like I did before.

7 miles this a.m. with what I guess you'd call strides - 3 x 3 min with 2 min rest in between.  I don't know if these are getting faster, but I'm getting better at controlling them.

QOTD: A close encounter with a skunk.  Thankfully, it was a young one.  We both froze within a few fee of each other and it scurried across the road.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Yesterday was a 2 mile walk and no run...I felt achy around the knees and it was a miserable day anyways-sleet and wind.  Today was a 2 mike walk and I  5 mile run.  Plan is to meet the Brew Crew for 3 mikes and a beer later. 

qotd yesterday:  I did when I was employed with good insurance.  It's been about 4 years but did just had a "virtual" physical with general lab work. 

qotd:  Loons have returned can't wait to slee with windows open and get them coo.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

Just under 3 miles dog walk with Chowder this morning. Will do some yoga later to strengthen the core and stretch the legs and hips. Exciting stuff. 

Qotd- nothing good recently. I need to spend more time in the woods

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4 miles (700') with Tiny Elvis; we don't do well in the heat- either of us; it was 64 degrees and felt like 84! 

qotd: our second night on our snowshoe trip we were camped right next to the SF of the Flathead River; I saw some fresh elk sign close to where I set up my tent- ALL night elk were going by my tent, clacking their hooves on the river rocks watering.  Would have been fun to have a camera setup and see how many came by 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

7 miles after work in pouring rain. A little late in the season for a deluge but all bets are off on anything being normal this year. Or maybe this is the new normal. 

Fatozzig, hope this weather doesn’t derail your race.  I saw that Bishop High Sierra is going ahead with their races on May 20 bc they decided the snow had melted enough. Of course, that’s an entirely different part of the Sierras.  And before the most recent storms. 

QOTD: today I ran by a blue heron standing in someone’s yard with a gopher dangling from his beak, about to gulp it down.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR