Trailer Trash

Finally Friday (Read 16 times)

runtraildc

Weird week, but the holiday mondays always throw me off. Yesterday was a rest day, and I'll get in about 5 later.  Storms passed through yesterday and the temps have dropped significantly. Turned off the AC and opened the windows kind of weather. My favorite.

qotd: Weekend plans? Nothing big and exciting here. Some running, plus garden work. Plus hopes that our new roommate (DS) will clean up his stuff. A lot needs to find it's temporary home that is not the living room.

NorthernHarrier

Nice temps here too. We are in a below normal stretch with temps in the 60's. Perfect weather for me. Ran two hours on the bike path last night while DW rode. This morning I'll head out mountain biking once the coffee is gone.

QOTD-Puttz about with wood, moving some, splitting some, etc. Tempo run Sat. evening and mt. bike Sun. We have a building project with the prelims starting next week so I have to get things ready for that.

XtremeTaper

Storms fizzled out here yesterday. Forecast called for "dangerous" t-storms but just a few periods of light rain. I took the day off from running anyway and finished up the mulch pile. I told the missus I am not mulching the back 40 beds this year. I do need to weed them but that will be it.

Sunny, cooler, and comfortable today. Looks like a great weekend. Will run Baker out at the lake today after work. One of standard loops.

QOTD: Some running, a round of golf, weeding and plant a few things in the yard. Dinner at the neighbors tomorrow. They are going to Iceland in September and want to pick my brain. I doubt they will be doing some of the hikes we did but still should be able to them some good info.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Welcome to Friday.

It's been a very drizzly morning so far. - like really heavy fog.  The Hub was not looking forward to pruning a big hedge in this wetness.

Got in 30 min of stat biking yesterday, plus 15 min of core/ST.  Nothing this morning, but will do a workout when I get home this evening.

QOTD 1: Bands . . . that's a tough one as I have more solo artist favorites, but I'm gonna go with Little River Band.

QOTD 2: Since I can't run it, I'm volunteering at Grasshopper Peak Redwood Runs tomorrow, which is about an hour south of me.  Helping with registration and have to be there at 6:30 a.m., so that means leaving no later than 5:00. Ugh! Also helping at the post-run food table, so it'll be an all day thing. After 3 years off due to injury, I finally got to run it again last year, but once again, I am injured.  I have a love/hate relationship with the race.  It's tough. There's a 10-mile and a 30k.  The first 9+ miles of the 30k are basically all uphill, then 2 miles of quad-pounding downhill, then 6 miles on what used to buttery soft trail through the redwoods.  Unfortunately, we've had such little rain the last few years, last year the 6 miles were more like concrete.  Maybe this year it'll be better.  It's supposed to rain tomorrow; hopefully the worst of it will hold off 'til later in the day.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

URD yesterday, just too busy. Had some stuff to finish up for work since I’m off today.

QOTD: Today we drove up to Chico bright and early. DH has work here and another site, and I’m making a long weekend of it, back home on Monday.  Found a small trail race near here tomorrow, in the Lassen Forest area.  I’m doing a HM, DH is doing a 10k. We’ll check out the Sierra Nevada Brewery in Chico at some point this weekend. 

Fatozzig, nice that you’re volunteering. One of these years maybe I’ll make it up there for that race. Looks beautiful there.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

nice weather here as well- mid to upper 60's with a scattering of precip (much welcomed!)

a nice 7 miles for Tiny Elvis and I this afternoon; at the last minute I threw in a hardshell jacket- turned out to be a good call 

qotd: some hiking, need to hit the gym- missed a week of strength training; DW needs some help putting in some flowers and a few other odd jobs

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

3 Mike walk with Hack and a call from the nursing home...trip to Mom's doctor who suggest hospice....calls made...4 Mike hard run...when the hell will running turn back to enjoyable....Hack to a babysitter and spending night with Mom.  Was suppose to be hiking the Grand Canyon today.  

wotd: I go through phases....Chris Stapleton makes me happy right now.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄