Trailer Trash

Must Be Monday (Read 14 times)

LB2

It was nice and cool this morning. I ran 4 easy miles. I need to go check some things out in the woods, but I may wait until the weekend.

QOTD: What is the coldest weather you have ever run in for a race or a regular training run?

I think the coldest race was my first race, which was a 1/2 marathon. I think that was 2009, and it had snowed and sleeted off and on the night before the race. It was in Baton Rouge, so it doesn't normally snow or sleet. We had a little bit too much idle time before the race, and it wasn't the best event. I don't think temps ever got out of the upper 20's that day.

For a training run, I don't remember the year, but I do remember successfully running across ice in the woods by my house. It was very cold, probably in the low teens.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Had a nice weekend visiting oldest DD and family. Got a few easy hikes in and a bike in on Sunday. Sadly had to watch the Grizzlies lose to Sacramento State- a game they shouldn’t have lost 

Will get a few miles in after work with Tiny Elvis, probably with the heavy pack. The heavy pack training is quickly coming to an end as elk/deer season opens this weekend 

qotd: I ran one winter race where the temps were around 0, thankfully sunshine and little to no wind, so not too bad. I’ve run several times at a little below zero, but only when the conditions (ie no wind) are good.

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

Had a nice weekend visiting oldest DD and family. Got a few easy hikes in and a bike in on Sunday. Sadly had to watch the Grizzlies lose to Sacramento State- a game they shouldn’t have lost 

We got to watch LSU win a game they should have lost. They fired the coach after the game, but he will be finishing the season. They didn't fire him because he won, but it was funny that it was announced after they won the game. He gets a nice $17 million payout. I wouldn't be too unhappy with being fired in that situation.

LB2

Sandy-2

SRD today, but once again I'll ride the bike after work to loosen up, plus the weather is so nice.

qotd: I did a training run in Norway when it was about -5 deg F, probably 4 or 5 miles, it was dark and if I remember right it was a little breezy. The snow was 'squeaky'.  The year I did the Brazos Bend 100 it was about 29 deg F at the start and finish, it was cold during the day too but it was slightly warmer.  It's hard to stay warm when going that far. 

tbd.

runtraildc

Got in about 4 miles hiking, very flat by the Bay yesterday. Beautiful fall day-- lots of sunshine (and wind).  Had to pick a few prickers off Chowder's feet, but he had a good day too. Today is TBD.

qotd: a few miles in minus 10 last winter in MN. Normally, I wait until it warms or take a rest day if below 0, but I had that streak going. The day before it was 'only minus 5' so I ran 4 miles. It was a cold trip. And yes, the snow gets really squeaky.

SRD.  I'm feeling surprisingly good after this past weekends runs.  The real truth will be tomorrow morning . . .

QOTD: I don't know what the temps were, but I ran a rails to trails 50k east of us a number of years ago, and one of the runner's sweat was freezing into icicles as it tried to drip off the brim of his hat.  It eventually warmed up, but man, it was cold.  Another was a brutal run in the Marin Headlands with heavy rain almost the whole time.  I'd guess it was in the low 40's.  I couldn't hardly use my fingers almost the entire run.  It sucked.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance