Trailer Trash

Mature Buck Monday (Read 10 times)

LB2

I only have 4.7 miles to complete my mileage goals for the year. I think I'll make it!! I put in quite a few miles blood trailing a big buck my dad shot Saturday morning. I jumped him when I was looking for blood at the initial shot. I looked right over the top of him when I was scanning ahead to see if he was laying there; I hadn't found any blood at that point. They are practically invisible when they are laying down. Anyway, it was lethal hit, but we ended up losing blood after 350 yards; I picked up tracks that indicated an injured deer and went another 500 yards before we just lost everything.

From here to the end of the year, maybe longer, things should be heating up with the bigger bucks getting on their feet. I may finish out the yearly mileage this evening and just lift weights and hunt for the next couple of weeks.

QOTD: How is the weather in your area?

It is cold right now. Temps were in the low 30's this morning.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Probably a day off from running today but we will see. I did a short run yesterday as we decided to go out to our favorite breakfast place and then walk the dogs at local preserve nearby. The croissant sandwiches are evilly delicious and fresh. It was very warm yesterday, about 60 for our walk around the preserve. The rain had started by the time we got home but I went out for a short 3 anyway up at the local trail.

QOTD: We had an all day rain yesterday, well it started about 11am.  A few heavy spells as well. At least it was warm. The front has blown through now and it's windy and mid 40's at best today. It will feel colder with the wind. I think the rest of the week is seasonable, low's in the 20's, highs in the 40's.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

SRD today.  

qotd: nice weather since the cool front went thru Saturday evening.  It’s a spec less humid, but give it a few days and the warmth and humidity will be back.

tbd.

Late post.  Got in 5 trail miles on Saturday.  I felt pretty sluggish after our office holiday party Friday.  It wasn't a late party, but I ate way too much and was feeling  by the time we got home.

Sunday things got away from me and so no workout.

This morning it was about 55 min of core/ST predawn.

QOTD: We're expecting highs in the mid 50's and low's in the mid 40's for the next few days, then rain/showers are forecasted for the next week.  Maybe it means we need to go for our annual Christmas light drive this Friday instead of next Friday.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance