Trailer Trash

Antelope Island Buffalo Run 100 RR (Read 62 times)

Occasional Runner

Here is my race report from this weekend. It was a tough challenge with the weather and I was very sick with a chest cold, fever, chills, aches and pains. I ran it anyway and it all worked out.

Thanks for reading!

Kelly

http://www.slippingslowlyintopain.blogspot.com/2013/03/buffalo-run-100.html

6/5- MAS 50

6/13- Leadville 50

7/27- Virtigo Night Run 41M

Le professeur de trail

Amazing once again! You are a machine - even with a cold you did well.  Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Good plug for the NB 1210's by the way.

Did Leon end up with a DNF?

Congratulations Lace! Sounds like you'll be in good form for the Zion 100.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

a big congrats, tough conditions AND ill- ouch.  I can sympathize w/ the illness, I ran a 20 mile race w/ the remnants of a chest flu and was coughing and hacking crap up and I know people were thinking is this guy going to croak out here? Smile

you should have suggested to the brat kid to try throwing a couple of rocks at the bison Big grin

HURL Fat Ass 50k  1/11- DNS sick :(

Zion Traverse 47 miles 4/5 DNS :( stress fracture in heel

Don't Fence Me In 30k  14k 5/10 ✓

Pengelly Double Dip 13.1 miles & 3000' 6/7 ✓

Devils Backbone 50 mile (I'm running 25 as a two person relay) 7/19 ✓ Wow!

Ellkhorn 23k 8/2- this is a maybe- little close to the Bridger???? signed up :)

Bridge Ridge Run 20 miles 8/9

Occasional Runner

Did Leon end up with a DNF?

Leon was able to drop down to the 50 mile race and get credit for a finish. A lot of people didn't make it that far.

6/5- MAS 50

6/13- Leadville 50

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Amazing, Kelly, congratulations on finishing this race in the deep-freeze and placing 9th overall!

I hope you'll recover and get over your cold soon - kick those nasty germs.

Sad about the kid who was making fun of you - he was probably following the lead of his dad. Well, there's strange people everywhere, fortunately not too many of them.

Run for fun.

Occasional Runner

I finally slept last night and feel quite a bit better. My sinuses are still clogged up and my chest is still rattling, but I'm on the mend for sure. The alarm went off at 3:30 for my morning run but I stayed in bed for more rest. Probably the wise choice.

Under the supervision of a more mature mentor, that kid would have a different opinion of me. Unfortunately, his Dad is probably an asshole, so the kid will be at a disadvantage until he comes to that realization on his own.

Thanks for reading!

6/5- MAS 50

6/13- Leadville 50

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I'm with you on the kid.

Just be careful with that chest rattling - don't want to bring up what happened to me after the Hyner, just sayin, 1 or 2 runs too soon ain't worth 10 weeks of recovery...

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Maybe you should have suggested that the kid (or his Dad) retrieve your headlamp.  Approve

Congrats on an impressive time, even with the cold.

Bighorn 100m, Jun 20 - 31:05:14

Hardrock 100m, Jul 11

Occasional Runner

Thanks Sandy. I'm just getting over the loss of the headlamp. We shared a lot of trail miles together before the famous "Shitter incident of 2013".

6/5- MAS 50

6/13- Leadville 50

Old , Ugly and slow

lace up you are a freak .

last month I got a chest cold and didn't run for week

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2014goals   1300  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

Occasional Runner

lace up you are a freak .

last month I got a chest cold and didn't run for week

It wasn't the smartest decision I've ever made. But tossing another buckle on the pile makes it a bit more bearable.

6/5- MAS 50

6/13- Leadville 50

Old , Ugly and slow

i still can't believe how far you have come in just a few years of running.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2014goals   1300  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes