Trailer Trash

Temperatures Tuesday (Read 11 times)

runtraildc

Going to get into the 70s today here. And sunny.  Got in 3.5 miles last night on my errand, we ran the long way along the creek and then the steep uphill on the way back. Need to work on those hills.    Will get in another short run later today-- meeting a friend and we'll do our version of the brewery group's run, but starting before dark.

qotd: What are you streaming (or reading) these days? I finished 'Unforgotten'-- or at least the seasons we get free on Prime. Been rewatching Schitt's Creek, and it's almost better the second time around as I'm more cognizant of the character's changes (and quirks). I also began reading a memoir of Julia Child's. Very interesting (and an easy read, since that is what I need these days).

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

3 miles (600’ )with Tiny Elvis yesterday after work

going to strength train this evening; may have to break out the gps to find the gym 

Sandy mentioned to my post of not filling my freezer (yet anyways Smile ) that it still must have been nice spending that time in the backcountry- yes indeed!  Harvesting an animal is just icing on the cake.

qotd: finished reading Racing the Clock (Bernd Heinrich)- was pretty good; going to start Season 3 of Narco’s Mexico- gritty series to say the least

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Okay, I had to look at the 1st pic twice.  I thought you were standing on a ledge.  My stomach did a bit of a flip flop.

A friend of mine ran a trail marathon on Saturday, fell hard at the 23 mile mark and ended up with 2 fractures in her humerus.  She finished the race, though!

I got in 30 min of stat biking this morning.  I found another youtube video for heel taping and am giving that a try to today just for walking around purposes.  I think I'm gonna do an EZ 3 on Thursday instead of my bike so I can give an accurate report to the podiatrist I'm seeing that day about what's going.

QOTD: I'm reading "41: A Portrait of My Father," which I'm really enjoying.  We aren't streaming anything right now.  We watched all the free episodes of "Unforgotten," and I hope they make more free.  We tried "Bosch," but The Hub didn't really care for it.  We need to find a new one to dig our teeth into.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

XtremeTaper

4 miles last night before sunset (hard to call it night now, since we ran about 4pm) up at the local trail with Baker. Pretty much a jog as that place is a sniff fest for him. Mostly a leashed run due to traffic (people) up there but there are a few leashless places for him as well. Very nice mild weather. 

Today, 5 at lunchtime. This time ran the road (up Cross hill) to the local trail and came back. I felt like a solo run but took Baker along as it's impossible to leave the house without him. Yes I am a softy. Another nice sunny mild day. 

This is about perfect weather. Bummer that I am on call this week and can't take a day off for golf.

QOTD: This time of year not much streaming as I watch too much pro and college football and we catch up on DVR of regular shows on other nights. I did see the new version of "Dune" for free the other night on HBO max. They split the original book into 2 parts for the film, so it was sort of unfinished.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

Ran 5 mi this afternoon, a bit warm at 75 deg. 

qotd: I read my friend’s book “1972”, it was good. It included a bit about Korea where we cross paths in the late 1980s.  We’re just watching stuff on TV and of course Football.

tbd.