Trailer Trash

Final Friday (Read 21 times)

LB2

I ran a 2.5 mile loop this morning. I'll amp it up a little tomorrow and Sunday. This is my final Friday off before we go back to a regular 5 day, 8 hour schedule. I like the 5 eight hour days better than the 4 ten hour days.

QOTD: I can't think of much today, but how is your work schedule? Does it vary? Do you like it?

During summer we go to the 4/10's, but I answer my phone and check emails pretty much every day if I am on vacation. And even then, if there is something critical going on (how critical can it really be, though?), I will check on things and handle tasks that I can while away. I really enjoy it actually.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Rest day today.  Long run or two for the weekend.  Rain looks to have moved on. Planning on a hilly long run tomorrow and a flat run on Sunday.

LB - How many days with the streak?

SIaR - Good luck this weekend.

Any other racers / pacers / volunteers?

QOTD:  I see patients M-W-F.  Work from 8:00 - 7:00 M and W and 8:00 -5:00 on F.  Tuesday and Thursday are for paper work and other things, so that's why I get some nice runs on those days. The long days can be a grind, but the next day is always nice.  I've had the same schedule for years when I used to teach Botany (not my expertise, but they needed a Botany professor, and I was qualified) on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Don't teach anymore, but kept the schedule.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Bert-o

I lost my rama

SIAR - Good Luck!

AT - I'm not sure I see the overlap between a MD and Botany professor in a Venn diagram.  Was Botany a different field of study for you?

I've got the BUS 6-Hour Pajama Romp tomorrow night.  Forecast for the start is 84 deg at 5 PM, and it will only get down to high 70's by the finish at 11 PM.  I guess my only goal is how many pairs of boxers can I get through in the race.  4 easy tonight.

QOTD:  I start work at 7 AM.  Busy days are Mon and Thu when executive reports are due and I'll often work until 6 PM or later on those days.  Tue, Wed, Fri are not so busy, so I clean things up at project and program levels (i.e. - linger around here).  Things can heat up at a moments notice, so I'll occasionally be dragged in the help with a fire drill (i.e. - CEO wants and answer on his desk ASAP).  Otherwise, I like the predictable routine so I can work in a run schedule.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

dhuffman63

Trails

QOTD: I work as an internal auditor for a tribe...shift is 8-430 M-F but what I'm working on at any given time changes.  I have a few monthly tasks and love the changing audits.  I was a govt auditor for 6 years and we did the same audits every year.  It got boring.

No races for me until Sept but I'll anxiously awaits anyone elses RR.  Love reading them.

AT-runner

Tim

AT - I'm not sure I see the overlap between a MD and Botany professor in a Venn diagram.  Was Botany a different field of study for you?

No, chemistry is my background, and I'm a neurologist, so as far away from plants as I can get, but they needed a teacher, and I had the degrees. It was fun, but the first year I had to learn along with them. I was in no way an expert, but could fake my way along since this was a general biology class.

Bert - have fun on your "Romp".

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

was going to hit the trails yesterday after work, but just to hot for me- went to the gym and strength trained instead

I think DW, Tiny and I are going to do a longer night hike this evening

qotd: my current schedule is 7:30-4:00 M-F- a HUGE improvement over my game warden job that called for crazy hours

BUT it's going to get even better as I just put in for a share time position- basically 40 hours in two weeks (instead of 80)- one week you work M-W and get a 4 day weekend, the next M&T and get a 5 day weekend; in reality it ends up being a little more than half time as you also will cover some vacation, etc- probably closer to 60-70% time.  It will give me a lot more time off regardless, something I'm very much looking forward to 

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

Went from 900’ to camping at 9600’. I need oxygen. Race tomorrow at Grand Mesa,  Co. 30k entirely above 10,000’. It may be a little challenging. Must hydrate!

Qotd- I’m semi-retired and work 3 days a week. I am able to pick my hours and days I want. Not sure how long I’ll keep doing this as DW will be retiring soon and then it will be time to head north.

XtremeTaper

Hey, we had sunshine yesterday though foggy here this morning. No run yesterday, as I had too much yardwork and other stuff to do after work. Plan to get out this evening for a short run on the trails, probably take off tomorrow, and then head down to southern PA for a run with my buddy most likely at Fair Hill. We need to finalize our Iceland plans, though I think we might wing the middle part of the week. We leave on Monday!

QOTD: Pretty regular hours here, though sometimes I get pulled into after hours live events (IT) and/or the occasional travel. Also stuck doing on-call rotation but that is more of an annoyance than much work.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

NH- good luck on your race!  Also check your email, question on possibly flying vs driving to CO

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good morning! Sitting here at work without power, waiting for the battery on my laptop to die.

Had a nice 3.5 on the trail last night, except I got stung on the neck by a wasp! Thankfully it feels better this morning. I'll probably run two miles this morning before leaving work early to head to packet pickup.

Race starts at 4am tomorrow I won't be on for a couple days - hopefully I can report back on my first sub-24 100. Thanks for the well wishes too!

LB2...Enjoy the weekend runs and having the time to get some more miles in.

AT...Good luck with the two runs this weekend. Hopefully all that water recedes quickly.

Berto...Hope you have a great race too! I was checking out the pics from past years of your event. Looks like a semi-closed course at best? Pretty low key too?

Dhuff...Great, race report pressure haha.

Mtwarden...That new schedule sounds amazing! Hope it goes through for you. Enjoy the hike later.

Northern...Wow, good luck at the race. What's the name of the race? I'd love to check it out.

Xtreme...That trip is coming  up fast! My mother spent about 3 weeks there last November and absolutely loved it. I'm sure you'll have a great time too. I guess it's pretty rainy there this time of year? Regardless, it should still be an awesome trip.

QOTD...I work a pretty regular 8-5. I got a promotion recently that tied me to work a little more during non-work hours than I'd like to be, but that has calmed down a lot as I've learned how to manage what really is an immediate need v. something that can wait until the next day.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

AT-runner

Tim

We need to finalize our Iceland plans, though I think we might wing the middle part of the week. We leave on Monday!

Where's the "Jealousy Emoji" when you need it?  Safe travels and have a blast!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

A short 2 mile jaunt last night.  I am hoping to get in something longish this weekend.

AT: My sister, who is watching our kids this summer, took our kids yesterday to Gettysburg.  They loved it and are begging to go back.

Warden - that sounds like a great future schedule.

GL to NH, Bert and anyone else romping this weekend.  Have fun!

QOTD; M-F 8:30-5.  Sometime in the next few years I hope to switch to a college professor schedule - summers or partial summers off.  I cannot wait!

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Bert-o

I lost my rama

AT - That's pretty cool getting a teaching opportunity like that.  My undergrad was in chemistry.  In a past professional life I worked in occupational epidemiology and toxicology research in the chemical industry.  Now I fudge crunch numbers for cable industry executives.  Go figure.

warden - What are you going to do when you get all that extra free time?

NH - Good Luck!  Some people do fine going from sea level to races at elevation.  I'm not one of those people from my experiences.  I hope you're not like me.  Have fun too.

XT - Iceland is definitely on my bucket list.  Enjoy!  And looking forward to the post trip report.

SIAR - BUS (Broadway Ultra Society) usually run very low key races.  For finding places inside the confines of NYC and keeping participation to around 100 or less is definitely a plus.  This year the race location is different.... Fort Totten Park, an old military fort built in the 19th century.  It's not a closed course, but I don't expect any troubles (except by us).

3/17 - NYC Half

AT-runner

Tim

AT - That's pretty cool getting a teaching opportunity like that.  My undergrad was in chemistry.  In a past professional life I worked in occupational epidemiology and toxicology research in the chemical industry.  Now I fudge crunch numbers for cable industry executives.  Go figure.

That's C6H12O6

Bert-o

I lost my rama

3/17 - NYC Half